I treated myself to a new knife today

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

I treated myself to a new knife today

Post by SA1911a1 »

I was too damn broke to go buy one, so I had to make it. I haven't decided if I am going to add any more detail yet. Don't scarf at a wooden knife, think how handy that will be when the vampires come. That is secret writing on the left side, if I told you all what it meant, I would have to use the blade on you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I treated myself to a new knife today

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Oh, the pleasures of retirement... free time. You've got to do something with it.
And, nice job on your little woody.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Awesome job there Steve......Don't know why, but I keep thinking it's missing its ACME label!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The secret writing says " For use on butter and cheese only". :shifty: That is Seminole code writing.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:26 pm The secret writing says " For use on butter and cheese only". :shifty: That is Seminole code writing.
I read an article, just yesterday, about a company that is making steak knives out of wood. They claim to have a process that will allow the wood to be sharpened to thirty times as sharp as a SS blade. They treat the wood chemically and under extreme compression to make it hard enough to sharpen to a fine edge.

Of course, some people on the internet will stretch the facts. Lying has become a national sport in the past few years. I hear they are planning to take it to the Olympics in the near future. They will ban politicians as professionals.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum