My Good Deed For The Year.....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

My Good Deed For The Year.....

Post by ffuries »

Dang, we were swamped by little goblins, witches, etc this Halloween, I'd say within an hour we had around 200 plus little monsters come through. People come into our subdivision from all over town for Halloween, heck even church groups bus kids to our subdivision for trick or treating.

Well it started to slow down and I still had candy in the bowl. Then I saw a straggler towards the end of the night, asked if they were still trick or treating or heading home. Turns out due to the parents work schedule they got a late start and the little girl had like 4 pieces of candy in her pumpkin, as most houses had ran out of candy by then.

So I said I got a heck of deal for you, give me a big smile and I'll give you some candy. She gave me a big shy grin and I dump the entire contents of the bowl in her pumpkin. I mean I filled it to the top, served two purposes the child didn't go home with a empty bucket and I didn't have to eat the damn candy.......

Her parents were caught off guard......Just told them I didn't need this bait laying around the house, and the little one shouldn't go home empty handed.

When my weight jumped unexpectedly and I went from 210 to 255 in 90 days with no real explanation, I was shocked. I'm down to 229 right now and I'm still not down to where I want yet but I'm not putting it back on either. My docs are happy I'm getting the weight off, just still don't know why it jumped like it did.

Now that I've done my good deed, I can go back to being an asshole......My wife and kids always tell me and everyone that I'm the inspiration for the Grinch, even though they tone character down a bit because of how big of an asshole I am. It's nice to know I'm so loved.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone, now that this is over it means THANKSGIVING is around the corner.....Hmmm TURKEY, HAM ETC, can't wait.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My Good Deed For The Year.....

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's not a mystery, the size of your ass is in direct proportion to the amount of crap you shovel in your mouth. Good idea getting rid of the candy, not good for the kids teeth, hope mom and dad have a good dental plan, but that's their problem. Salads, lots of salads.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Very wise words, Boss. And to the point.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This is the worst time of year to keep weight down. Covid cancelled Thanksgiving 2020, I made Chili and stayed home, doing the same this year. I might make it a new tradition, much more relaxing, me in front of the TV in robe and PJ's scarfing chili instead of all the running around overeating crap and putting up with assholes I wouldn't otherwise be caught in the same room with.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:15 am This is the worst time of year to keep weight down. Covid cancelled Thanksgiving 2020, I made Chili and stayed home, doing the same this year. I might make it a new tradition, much more relaxing, me in front of the TV in robe and PJ's scarfing chili instead of all the running around overeating crap and putting up with assholes I wouldn't otherwise be caught in the same room with.
When I packed on the weight in early/mid 2019, we thought it was fluid retention. My diet didn't change, in fact I was eating less. Was averaging a gain of 15 pounds a month for 3 months. Then it stopped and wouid just yoyo up and down between 10-15 pounds. Then with no effort I dropped from 255 down to the 235 range in a month, then my weight yoyoed between 232-239.

I can eat one salad a day for a week, with no snacking, sweets (Not that I eat many sweets to start with) etc and gain weight. There has been no rhyme or reason to my weight gain and weight loss. To go from 210 to 255 in 90 days with no change in diet or exercise is not normal that is for sure.

My new Cardiologist has ordered some tests/labs and is considering putting me on a diuretic if the results warrant it
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:13 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:15 am This is the worst time of year to keep weight down. Covid cancelled Thanksgiving 2020, I made Chili and stayed home, doing the same this year. I might make it a new tradition, much more relaxing, me in front of the TV in robe and PJ's scarfing chili instead of all the running around overeating crap and putting up with assholes I wouldn't otherwise be caught in the same room with.
When I packed on the weight in early/mid 2019, we thought it was fluid retention. My diet didn't change, in fact I was eating less. Was averaging a gain of 15 pounds a month for 3 months. Then it stopped and wouid just yoyo up and down between 10-15 pounds. Then with no effort I dropped from 255 down to the 235 range in a month, then my weight yoyoed between 232-239.

I can eat one salad a day for a week, with no snacking, sweets (Not that I eat many sweets to start with) etc and gain weight. There has been no rhyme or reason to my weight gain and weight loss. To go from 210 to 255 in 90 days with no change in diet or exercise is not normal that is for sure.

My new Cardiologist has ordered some tests/labs and is considering putting me on a diuretic if the results warrant it
What your describing is classic fluid retention weight. Salad helps you lose weight because the body expends more energy to digest it than it gains from it. If you eat salads and gain weight then it's fluid weight, you know how dangerous that is with your cardiac issues. I dropped weight during the last year and a half simply from not eating out at all. My cooking skills are limited, and I hate that shit anyway so it was mostly canned this or that. That got old quick and I just skipped meals and eat less when I did eat. Staying away from supermarkets meant no junk food found it's way home. Cookies, cake, donuts, pie, ice cream, chips, pudding, snack bars, none of it has been in here since February 2020. I live mostly on rice and beans or Chili, and Ramen soup.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

Junk, you sound like the inmates at the county jail....those guys eat the commissary fair and ramen noodles are their prime choice.....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tomaustin wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:36 pm Junk, you sound like the inmates at the county jail....those guys eat the commissary fair and ramen noodles are their prime choice.....
I don't cook, rice and beans, chili are easy, can be made in bulk, and eaten all week. Ramen noodles for the cold nights when I feel a chill, like tonight. Before Covid I mostly ate out, or ate leftovers I took home from eating out. Many of the places I once ate weight are now gone forever, looks like rice and beans, chili from here on out until the bomb drops. Then it's MRE's in the bunker, they are probably chili or rice and beans, I haven't checked, but that's how Mr. Murphy works. I do still have the big tins of crackers and " carbohydrate supplement" ( hard candy) from the CD supplies 1963, should still be good, probably, maybe.

A friend of mine was in charge of the kitchen at the county jail here, he graduated from the Culinary institute, and the kitchen often catered county events. The prisoners ate well while I enjoyed boiled store brand tube steak. Even today I hear the kitchen is still feeding politicians.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Soups and Ramen is a no go for me due to the high sodium content. That's the hardest part when trying to lower your sodium intake. Almost everything has it, I quit salting my food a few years ago.

In my parents house growing up I was taught by my dad to salt my food til it turned white, pepper it til it turned black, and mix it up til it turned grey. Then you knew it was properly seasoned.

I don't do a lot sweets, little salt, rarely have chips, cookies etc anymore. Just want to get to the bottom of this and get it back in control!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member