High standard 22

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
+dhic

High standard 22

Post by +dhic »

I traded for this little 4in 22auto last Sat. It's a Hi-Standard Model H-D Military. The serial # puts it made about the year I was born. I think this is the # for the pistol is.176xxx. I'll try a couple of pictures. I've always liked exposed hammer on these H-D models.
hdhic aka cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: High standard 22

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice!
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Nice High standard, I saw drums of these being destroyed by the Navy in 1960 at the Bel Chase Ammo depot south of New Orleans. I was a boy scout and my scoutmaster was a Coast Guard commander of the radio station there. We were allowed access to the large ammo bunkers during a cleaning out of scrap metal left over after Korea. They cut out the triggers of perfectly good pistols. These, along with M-1's, M-2', M-3's ,survival 22' rifles ,1911's and Enfields were also destroyed. SO, if you have one you are very lucky. I was told they wanted to keep them off the civilian market to eliminate competition . I saw this also with Jeeps, and obsolete deck guns. Broke my heart to see thousands of weapons lost for pennies worth of scrap. The Base was later tuned into a park and parts are still used as military storage. Who knows what may still be there. JGC :pointup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: I got to shoot one of those in the 60's-70's, great pistols. I wish I had it now to shoot against my Ruger Mk.1 6" bbl.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have a couple of H/D's and they are great shooters. Enjoy yours.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain