czech silver tip 7.62x54r

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
hoopharted

czech silver tip 7.62x54r

Post by hoopharted »

taking inventory of my ammo yesterday ,uncovered 3 cans of czech silver tip 7.62x54r and about 500 rds of yugo brass cased 7.62x54r

i know back in the day both of these were highly sought after ammo , i admit i havnt had anything that runs this ammo since i sold my SVT-40's

i havnt been able to find any of it to gauge what its going for these days ,i hate these types of questions , anyone tats familiar with this ammo have an idea what its going for?
boltaction

Re: czech silver tip 7.62x54r

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
I'll give you $150 per crate(two spam cans 880rnds.) shipped. That's what it is worth too me.
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

guess they are still screening my responses
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hoopharted wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm guess they are still screening my responses
Did you use that name years back hoo, or more recently? Seems I remember you from the old board, or at least the name. How it works is new member posts, it's held for admin review, then if it's not spam new member is let in. Trick is it has to wait for me to get home from work, eat, turn on the computer, and see that there is a post waiting.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

yup , been using hoopharted and micmacman on the boards and auction sites since the mid 90's when the internet started jumping off

use to be into the Gew88 , mosin ,k98 , then G43 , lugers ,P38's ,then into AK's and now im into the AR platforms , all the while keeping the cream of each segment of my collecting , but didnt keep the mosins ,Turks , the SVT-40's fell victim to sale to buy something

i even sold a original Turk mauser that escaped scrub and rearsenal ,still chambered in 7.65x53

so that what ive been up to ,lol and explains why i havnt seen you in for ever , i do remember your handle from the nagant and gunboards websites
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was never on gunboards, just here and on the old RMNF that was owned by Bob Wheeler in the early 2000's. If you sold the hoard recently then you made out well, if it was years back then just think what they would be worth now. Always the way it goes, and why I hate letting anything go. I will let my estate deal with it once I am off haunting the people who pissed me off when I was still alive.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

i do remember Bob ,its good to see you are still around buddy
lewking49

Post by lewking49 »

Do you still have the ammo available for sale?
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

wasnt really putting it up for sale , was just curious as to what it may be worth ,ive been out of touch with this caliber ,and found it while doing a inventory of what ammo i have , thought you all still in the know could help with the value , if anything i may use it for trade fodder locally and maybe get a AR upper or something ,kinda get the feeling the guy that offered $150 was low balling me , you cant get this ammo anymore and it was coveted when it was available , even the Yugo is good ammo and has brass case for reloaders
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

hoopharted wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:18 pm even the Yugo is good ammo and has brass case for reloaders
Hello,
Well. It's Only good if you have the Berdan primers for reloading it..... But, since you're not a reloader, you didn't know that.
Yet. Why, don't you post some picture of what you have, like on that other forum..
Since, that's where you got your "info" on "the country of origin" on the ammo from. :shifty:
Oh, and that wasn't a lowball offer, that's about what it's worth too me. Do your own homework...
Most of us here, bought it cheap.... not at current market value. It's cheaper to shoot my Mosin Nagants today than, shooting a 22lr round at current prices. Go figure.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Totally a low ball (and really an insulting) offer. A crate for $150 shipped? Well, it's obvious you don't need any. The ammo as the rifles have dried up. If you have no need for the ammo, try selling it locally. I'd say $150 a can is more like it. I'm seeing this ammo selling for $1 a round and a consistent $200+ per can on GunBroker plus additional for shipping.
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Cans are going for around $120 here in Tucson.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

[quote=qz2026 post_id=439913 time=1607786357 user_id=381 A crate for $150 shipped? Well, it's obvious you don't need any.
[/quote]

Hello, you are correct with that. I was a good boy scout. For, I don't live in a free state(what ever that means these days). And, I don't need a weather man to tell me which way the wind is blowing...
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

boltaction wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:06 pm
hoopharted wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:18 pm even the Yugo is good ammo and has brass case for reloaders
Hello,
Well. It's Only good if you have the Berdan primers for reloading it..... But, since you're not a reloader, you didn't know that.
Yet. Why, don't you post some picture of what you have, like on that other forum..
Since, that's where you got your "info" on "the country of origin" on the ammo from. :shifty:
Oh, and that wasn't a lowball offer, that's about what it's worth too me. Do your own homework...
Most of us here, bought it cheap.... not at current market value. It's cheaper to shoot my Mosin Nagants today than, shooting a 22lr round at current prices. Go figure.
seem a tad salty there buddy , ive seen your kind for years , always wanting something for nothing so you can get your , "look at this great deal i got" post in , as stated before i was asking not because i wanted to sell but for trade fodder locally , but you were all over it like stink on an A hole , especially for someone that claims its so cheap locally for them , take a chill pill ,you got yourself all worked up for nothing , and for something you claim you dont even need
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

also yes i did get the fellas from the M14 forum to identify it for me , i hadnt logged into this forum in was has to have been 10 years ,thats 4 computers ago and i didnt have a clue what my email addy was back then much less my password
that ammo had been at the bottom of the pile in my closet for years and i didnt mark it at the time because at the time i knew what it was , at least i recognized the Yugo when i saw it
it wasnt until i successfully recovered my account here that i asked about value figuring those that use would no better , i forgot about those that want it but just dont want to pay for it , and if memory serves i stated i hate these kinds of questions , and here we are you going all postal over something you claim is so insignificant ,lol , you just cant make this up ,jeesh
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This would be the wrong place to be offering items for sale, or making offers on them, that is reserved for the boards for sale forum. Everything I sell on eBay has a best offer option, after fifteen years selling if I had a buck for every low ball offer I get I would be playing with a big wad of Benjamins. No skin off my ass if someone makes a low ball offer, it gets the conversation going. Thank you for your $35. offer for my 1956 Packard Clipper Taillight set, I am sorry I can't accept that at this time. I was thinking more along the lines of $550, thank you and have a nice weekend. In the end not calling him a time wasting asshole netted me $350 for that set, it would have been much more had they been in better condition. Being that I had zero money invested in them, that was not a bad profit, we went back and forth several times before settling on the price. I low ball shit all the time, and sometimes it works, all I can say is no to anyone lowballing me, and ditto for the people I lowball, it's just sales. Rule of selling or buying, when selling never start low, you can always drop the price in a negotiation, but not raise it once the haggling has started. When buying always start low, it's very difficult to get a good deal on something if you start the offers at full retail. The exception being if you just absolutely, positively must have it no matter what the cost. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have done that over the years, and have fingers left over.
Theodore Roosevelt
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, ^^^^^
What the Boss said.
It's just part of the game.... don't take it personal, I don't.
hoopharted

Post by hoopharted »

ok , one more post to clean up some of the confusion and im letting this go like the mullet i had in '76
when i first posted this my posts were being screened ,one of the posts did not get posted to the thread at all , hence the post they must still be screening posts comment
if i remember it was explaining i hate these questions ,and the reason i was asking was because im not looking to sell but wanted to use for trade fodder locally , Junkyard can check ,its probably still sitting in what ever folder posts needing screening sit in .
by then Boltaction had already thrown his offer on the table , I WAS INCAPABLE OF RESPONDING DUE TO SCREENING , then the posts of me and JY catching up on times prior to the grey creeping in
rather than bother him with it i simply restated it in the new post
i didnt/do not want the hassle of shipping ammo or the liability,i wanted to make that clear otherwise i would have posted a ad in the for sale section not in the ammo section with a best offer or a tag , or better yet on GB , you will not see the ammo on GB either because as stated im not interested in shipping