Mosin Rifle 7.62x54R broken case extractor tool

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
SJHUK

Mosin Rifle 7.62x54R broken case extractor tool

Post by SJHUK »

Hi All....I hope this message finds you all safe & well....
I am trying to locate a broken case extractor tool but all the ones for sale appear to be in the U.S. & they will not ship to the United Kingdom.
Does anyone know of a supplier in Europe where I can obtain one?.... or possibly two would be great as a fellow member of my club needs one as well.
Thanks...
Kindest regards,
Stuart
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosin Rifle 7.62x54R broken case extractor tool

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did they say why they wouldn't ship a tool to the UK? Is it a Covid 19 thing? Have you tried eBay? I have shipped numerous auto parts to the UK, and bought antique phonographs and parts from UK sellers without difficulty. The shipping is not cheap, but no more a problem than the many other countries I have shipped to. Covid 19 has slowed or eliminated some shipping options when shipping internationally.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:48 pm Did they say why they wouldn't ship a tool to the UK? Is it a Covid 19 thing? Have you tried eBay? I have shipped numerous auto parts to the UK, and bought antique phonographs and parts from UK sellers without difficulty. The shipping is not cheap, but no more a problem than the many other countries I have shipped to. Covid 19 has slowed or eliminated some shipping options when shipping internationally.

A lot of sellers are afraid of running afoul of United States Code 922 and exports regulations. They just make a blanket statement that they won’t sell internationally, rather than read through the codes. I doubt that a broken shell extractor is prohibited under USC or ITAR.
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

Hi All......thanks for your replies....it's much appreciated.
None of the sellers within the U.S. on eBay will ship to the U.K. as the part is deemed to be prohibited for export under U.S. law as apparently it's deemed to be part of a firearm, crazy but true!
Even Liberty Tree Collectors from whom I have ordered from in the past no longer ship internationally at all.....& I have to say surprisingly, I received a very abrupt response from them when I asked the question why.... :o
I firmly believe that there is a strain of Covid-19 that ignores the respiratory system & attacks the part of the brain that deals with common sense....it mainly affects politicians & legislators worldwide. I also collect WW2 German daggers & I bought one from a very reputable dealer in the U.S.; it was returned to them as the airline refused to accept it.....the world has indeed gone mad.
My kindest regards to you all......
Stuart
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:48 pm Did they say why they wouldn't ship a tool to the UK? Is it a Covid 19 thing? Have you tried eBay? I have shipped numerous auto parts to the UK, and bought antique phonographs and parts from UK sellers without difficulty. The shipping is not cheap, but no more a problem than the many other countries I have shipped to. Covid 19 has slowed or eliminated some shipping options when shipping internationally.
Hi...I don't think it's a Covid thing although it probably doesn't help. Not one of the eBay sellers will ship to the United Kingdom. It's apparently because they deem the part as part of a firearm & prohibited under U.S. law to export it. Whether it is or not I don't know but there you are...
Auto parts & most other items would be fine I'm sure.....
Madness & snowflakes reign........
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

SJHUK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 am Hi All......thanks for your replies....it's much appreciated.
None of the sellers within the U.S. on eBay will ship to the U.K. as the part is deemed to be prohibited for export under U.S. law as apparently it's deemed to be part of a firearm, crazy but true!
Even Liberty Tree Collectors from whom I have ordered from in the past no longer ship internationally at all.....& I have to say surprisingly, I received a very abrupt response from them when I asked the question why.... :o
I firmly believe that there is a strain of Covid-19 that ignores the respiratory system & attacks the part of the brain that deals with common sense....it mainly affects politicians & legislators worldwide. I also collect WW2 German daggers & I bought one from a very reputable dealer in the U.S.; it was returned to them as the airline refused to accept it.....the world has indeed gone mad.
Stuart
Stuart, you give us too much credit. We can be dumb-asses without a pandemic. ;mywink;
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:10 am
SJHUK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 am Hi All......thanks for your replies....it's much appreciated.
Stuart
Stuart, you give us too much credit. We can be dumb-asses without a pandemic. ;mywink;
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now ain't that the truth!
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

USC 922 does not cover accessories that are not part of a firearm. ITAR is the possible concern. Maybe sometime I will get around to reading it. The problem is that no licensee wants to take the risk of running afoul of a statute and becoming a test case. Even if you do eventually prevail, it's expensive and time consuming.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. If you need legal advice, you should obtain it from a licensed attorney. That said, I was trained in college to do legal research and I am very certain that USC 922 is not the issue. A broken shell extractor is nothing more than a tool, it is not a part of any firearm.
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

awalker1829 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:56 am USC 922 does not cover accessories that are not part of a firearm. ITAR is the possible concern. Maybe sometime I will get around to reading it. The problem is that no licensee wants to take the risk of running afoul of a statute and becoming a test case. Even if you do eventually prevail, it's expensive and time consuming.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. If you need legal advice, you should obtain it from a licensed attorney. That said, I was trained in college to do legal research and I am very certain that USC 922 is not the issue. A broken shell extractor is nothing more than a tool, it is not a part of any firearm.
Hi...I'm sure you are correct, that's what I think too but I guess the sellers have enough trade within the U.S. to not want to take the risk & if I were in their shoes I'd probably do the same!
Take care...
Stuart
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

Try into EU, for example Czech Republic extractor or another extractor
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

Igrlik wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:19 pm Try into EU, for example Czech Republic extractor or another extractor
Thanks....I think I may be sorted now!
Cheers...
Stuart
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

awalker1829 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:56 am USC 922 does not cover accessories that are not part of a firearm. ITAR is the possible concern. Maybe sometime I will get around to reading it. The problem is that no licensee wants to take the risk of running afoul of a statute and becoming a test case. Even if you do eventually prevail, it's expensive and time consuming.

The core of the issue is that the sellers do not want their employees making decisions on what is legal and what violates the law. They would rather lose the sell than have to face legal issues. It is just easier and safer to issue a blanket, "NO."
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SJHUK wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:38 am
Igrlik wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:19 pm Try into EU, for example Czech Republic extractor or another extractor
Cheers...
Stuart
So what was the outcome....?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SJHUK

Post by SJHUK »

ffuries wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 pm
SJHUK wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:38 am
Cheers...
Stuart
So what was the outcome....?
Hi....another member has offered to buy 2 & post them to me, a really kind gesture that is much appreciated! I will of course reimburse his costs but all the same, people like that restore your faith in human nature.....