Facebook Marketplace Find

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
Brucifer

Facebook Marketplace Find

Post by Brucifer »

Just popped up. Know nothing about the person or the pieces, nor sure what section to put this in, but I figured someone might find these interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 680210297/

Asking $250.
120965118_1008106816356769_4414618471162476035_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Facebook Marketplace Find

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Paperweights? I have a torch cut Garand receiver someplace that I once used for that when I had a desk with papers on it. I didn't know that selling platform allowed firearms, being receivers these would all quality as firearms. Some past Bubba had a Mauser " hunting rifle" factory going on, these could be had dirt cheap 50 years ago when they were still intact rifles.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Brucifer

Post by Brucifer »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm Paperweights? I have a torch cut Garand receiver someplace that I once used for that when I had a desk with papers on it. I didn't know that selling platform allowed firearms, being receivers these would all quality as firearms. Some past Bubba had a Mauser " hunting rifle" factory going on, these could be had dirt cheap 50 years ago when they were still intact rifles.
They are gone now anyways. Probably popped for being firearms. My guess is the husband died and she's cleaning out some boxes/drawers of his stuff. Don't know how she came up with the price.

Oh well. This is what passes for excitement in my neck of the woods.

Unless you want to talk about Tropical Depression Twenty-six.... :devil2:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Brucifer wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:08 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm Paperweights? I have a torch cut Garand receiver someplace that I once used for that when I had a desk with papers on it. I didn't know that selling platform allowed firearms, being receivers these would all quality as firearms. Some past Bubba had a Mauser " hunting rifle" factory going on, these could be had dirt cheap 50 years ago when they were still intact rifles.
They are gone now anyways. Probably popped for being firearms. My guess is the husband died and she's cleaning out some boxes/drawers of his stuff. Don't know how she came up with the price.

The only thing with a name and a number we talk about up here is Covid 19, who has it, who survived it, how they survived it, who didn't survive it, speculations on why they didn't survive it, and most important, when is it our turn to get it, and how to avoid it as long as possible. A close friend has popped positive and is experiencing the full range of symptoms for two weeks now. He caught it down in Florida so the rest of us are not in a total meltdown panic, yet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Face book market where? I know a Mauser builder that might pop on those.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Technically all four are firearms, we are looking at 4 receivers, those are all "rifles"

(one looks like it's Arisaka)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Brucifer

Post by Brucifer »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 pm

The only thing with a name and a number we talk about up here is Covid 19, who has it, who survived it, how they survived it, who didn't survive it, speculations on why they didn't survive it, and most important, when is it our turn to get it, and how to avoid it as long as possible. A close friend has popped positive and is experiencing the full range of symptoms for two weeks now. He caught it down in Florida so the rest of us are not in a total meltdown panic, yet.
No more numbers for you! Hurricane DELTA. At this point, Cat 4, dirty side coming at me.

I'll put a box fan in the front yard facing east and push it over to the Panhandle.

Probably get another 'Lock yer guns up' AFT email in the next day or so.