Hardest Day

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Rowdy1

Hardest Day

Post by Rowdy1 »

Wednesday my wife of 35 years had a massive heart attack while in her sleep. Fortunately she did not suffer but I am lost. She was my life. We have no kids so it was just the two of us. Don’t know what I am going to do. Big house lots of acreage and alone. Funeral on Monday.
ffuries

Re: Hardest Day

Post by ffuries »

Rowdy1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:08 am Wednesday my wife of 35 years had a massive heart attack while in her sleep. Fortunately she did not suffer but I am lost. She was my life. We have no kids so it was just the two of us. Don’t know what I am going to do. Big house lots of acreage and alone. Funeral on Monday.
OMG, offering our condolences doesn't seem enough. You are in our prayers, and remember you have a big family here you can lean on if needed.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Right to the point; Wasn't expecting that.

First of all... My Condolences. It's not easy, and nothing I say here will bring her back. My Dad passed in 2008; Mom & Dad were married for 42 years, he had a Brain stem stroke that paralyzed him almost 100%. Couldn't talk or move; Just a few facial ticks & his eyes spoke volumes. He lived for two weeks like that... He was too weak & eventually we lost him. Horrible shit to go through & I can't imagine what it was like for him.

So concerning your Wife, She went quick & in her sleep... and did not suffer, A blessing really. Like I told my Mom I'll say to you; "You had all those years together & they were wonderful. You had a great run & that's all anyone can ever ask for. Most folks never get someone for so long to share their life with. You were blessed".
You had a good run together; Now, it's obviously time for you to carry on. You still have work to do, Your wife would want you to be happy. Reach out to a group; There are grieving groups you can join with other people that recently lost loved ones. My Mom joined one & made a lot of friends; One was a guy named Dave (My Dad's name) & this Dave & my Mom had the same birthday. They get along very well & are very close... He's a great guy.

So reach out to others like you reached out here. You will be surprised on the amount of caring people you meet that will help you heal & find love again. There's always room for another love in your life, so don't miss out on more happiness in your future.

Best wishes to you,

Ron
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

So sorry to hear that, my condolences. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sorry for your loss, I could toss out a bunch of crap about how time heals all wounds, and it gets better. It doesn't go away, you just learn to live with it like everything else. What are you going to do? Carry on, that's what, just like the rest of us who are left behind by those who gave a shit that we existed.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I am very sorry for your loss. I wish I had some words that would help.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sorry for your loss Rowdy1. Prayers for you and your family. :vsad:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I am sorry to hear of your loss. We all face this at one time or the other. But, as Rongo said, passing in her sleep was a blessing. My wife passed after 42 years, as well. She had her first heart attack in the year 2000 at age 50 and passed in 2014. Never smoked or drank and was never overweight. One of those things, I guess... She ended up with diabetes and congestive heart failure and for the last two years needed 24/7 care. It was good that I had retired... My heart is out to you my friend. There's nothing worse than losing a parent, child or your spouse. Your extreme feeling of loss will subside but never entirely leave you. Hang in there. Things will get better and take care of yourself.
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I am so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Sorry to hear this, as I know how you feel. I woke up on Christmas eve of 2018 to find my wife had passed away in her sleep. Nothing in life can compare to the pain your feeling. The emptiness is a loss that you will feel for some time. However I would advise you to take time to grieve. Don't make any big decisions for about a year. Your mind is not ready for that. Stay involved in something. For me, I read books. A lot of Dave Ramsey stuff. A friend of mine gave me a book called " The Group" it's about several widowed dads and how they handled this journey. I highly recommend it. I have 2 daughters so raising th girls and working was a big concern. Time now is a luxury that I just don't have. My faith is what has gotten me thru all of this. I have been amazed by what we have accomplished in these past 2 years. I've even started preaching some at church. How I find the time to put a lesson together is beyond me. God is good. And has a reason for everything. Hang in there buddy. I won't lie and tell you that this is an easy journey but it does get better. Don't be afraid to cry. I do it almost every day but it does get easier.
Reach out if you need to. Talking is always best. It really does help. I will pray for you. I don't know you but God does and he is good even when we don't think it's right.
Take care
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I can say that I know what you are going through. Last year, my late wife and I would have been married for 40 years. She had a stroke on December 31, 2015 and never really was the same. She passed on at the hospital where she worked, with me by her side not quite 4 months later. My heart breaks every day, but I see her in my children and my grandchildren. I know she is keeping an eye on me and that I will meet her again. Hopefully, you will be able to come to grips with this. Remember that your friends that say, “Call me if you want to talk” might just be able to help.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

There are no words that can take your pain away. It will ease with time but you need to be strong now at this time.

Take care my friend.