Tulammo

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
avenger

Tulammo

Post by avenger »

Tula ammo is about 2$ cheaper here for 9mm than other brands...would it be ok to run it in my new 9mm pistol? I mean they did make our rifles... :vcool:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
desdem12

Re: Tulammo

Post by desdem12 »

Why not? I use it in my SKS all the time :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
avenger

Post by avenger »

True..but thats russian remember..built tough! lol...
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Mine is actually a chinese. I use prvi and other russian or ukrane ammo in a lot of stuff. I only have one complaint and that is with the brown or silver bear what ever it is 203 gr x54 cause it is soooooo dirty. I like to shoot it though so i put up with the dirty part. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
avenger

Post by avenger »

So you think its worth to shoot it in my 9mm then..for 2$ cheaper per 50...that would be more shooting for me...i dont mind dirtiness(from owning a mosin you get the dirtiest of the dirty..corrosive ammo)...i just dont wanna harm my gun...
-John
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

I have shot the Tula in my 1911 and in my AR. Goes bang, is cheap. Is very dirty, and smells bad. I prefer different ammo, but a day at the range with Tula ammo is better than sitting at home because you don't have enough $ for ammo. :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I'm with Fred G here if you don't mind dirty then have at it and shhot to your hearts desire. Every now and then you will find some other ammo on sale and maybe buy a spam of some kind and you will find out what you like. I would shoot it up and try the other kinds too. :biggrin:
avenger

Post by avenger »

Thats what i have been doing..i have 100 federal cheapo at home...and 50 Sellier Bellot...Ive only shot it 50 times so far and it cycled the federal just fine..no problems what so ever...I have 147 Grn Hornady Custom JHP in it right now where it is hiding...but thats SD ammo :mrgreen: You can buy a 900 ct spam can of 9mm tulammo lol....But owning mosins like i said...we are used to dirty lol...some may say we like it dirty... :Ha:
-John
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I sell the crap out of that Tula Ammo. It goes bang & feeds well in everything I've tried it in. I have a lady who buys 6 boxes a week. Swears by the stuff.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
avenger

Post by avenger »

Alright..ill pick up a few boxes tomorrow...obviously not SD ammo..but cheap plinking ammo that will save money a little and allow for more plinking ammo to be bought... :mrgreen: :vcool:
-John
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

i use it in my 45 it ok
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I shot 50 rounds through my .40 SW40VE, 50 through my Ruger P95 9mm, and 100 through my Saiga 7.62x39, never had any problems, I shoot a lot of it.
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

there is some trouble talk on the web about tulammo , i have used it in the 7.62x54 r, 7.62x39 r and my 1911 45 acp , it all went bang and i would rely upon it in a pinch , i prefer brown bear , if it goes bang its all good .. :toast:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've seen some of the AR guys cuss it some.
avenger

Post by avenger »

I got a box yesterday..gonna try it out in a bit... :vcool: :mrgreen: I am gonna try different stuff..i got 4 different ammos at the moment for target to try..hopefully it eats all of em up easy...if it eats the tula i will be buying that from now on..since the 2$ savings seem pretty good..allows for more ammo consumption :P :mrgreen:
-John
avenger

Post by avenger »

It ate it like it was going out of style... defiantly a keeper :mrgreen:
-John
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

avenger wrote:It ate it like it was going out of style... defiantly a keeper :mrgreen:
told ya'.... :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

avenger wrote:Tula ammo is about 2$ cheaper here for 9mm than other brands...would it be ok to run it in my new 9mm pistol? I mean they did make our rifles... :vcool:
I personally avoid steel case ammo in my gun. If it is brass, I will shoot it. I shoot Sellier and Bellot ammo (Czech) brass cased ammo in a Walther P99; it does great. I do shoot steel case ammo in 9 Makarov, because the guns were designed for it.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

If you have the $, it is cheaper to buy in bulk.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9mm+Luger

Got to watch the shipping cost, but should offset by saving taxes.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

My brother had a bunch of Wolf steel case .45ACP and he gave it to me because he didn't want to put steel case through his 1911's. I was all over that deal. I put several boxes through my Colt with no feed problems or ejection problems. I still have several more boxes and have no problem with it. As for the Tula I have only bought 2 boxes of 7.62x39 and I thought it was good looking ammo. Can't wait to shoot it.