2 Confused Finns

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TnBuckeye

2 Confused Finns

Post by TnBuckeye »

...walked into a bar...

But seriously, I picked up another sort of oddball Finnish rifle this week, and wanted to share some photos that I thought you all might enjoy.

I don’t know that either are particularly rare or valuable, beyond the normal M27 or N28.

One is a Tikka M28 that is identifying as a M27, the other a Tikka M27 at least partially identifying as a M28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2 Confused Finns

Post by Longcolt44 »

What do the import stamps say?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

One is in a double sling slot M28 stock if that one is original to that stock it is a nice find for sure. What is the serial number on that one? Both are nice looking rifles worth at least $400 or so. Bolts matched to the actions? I can not make out the barrel markings but it looks like the stocks are kind of switched around at first glance. I would need better pictures of the barrel plate marks to be sure though. Whatever they are nothing to sneeze at for sure Congrats! :D Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:pointup: :bwink: :bwink: :bwink: :cool2: I like the burnished.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Both bolts match the actions.

Both have import markings out by the muzzle. The 1928 Tikka M27 with the M28 double slot rear portion is a Century import labeled as a M27. The Tikka M28 in the M27 stock is a Marathon import but the marking is very light and I can’t make out a model type in the import marking.

Both stocks are spliced. The one in the double slot stock has numerous shims nailed in and was full of grease below the wood. I think I have posted about the other one before. It has a weird rear band and a really colorful stock with a 41 marking on it.

I enjoy the variety in the Finnish stuff and the variations.

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

They do look rather neat.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

These guns are totally wrong... But, you have a way out... Just send them to me... :D

That said... very cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

As a slight update I got the M27 out to the range today. I was not optimistic given that the bore didn’t look good. But it shot well. In the past couple have had trouble being consistent shooting M27s, including some with nice bores. But it enjoyed this one today!