Sorry for the down time!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Sorry for the down time!!

Post by Darryl »

I was away today when this happened. Then it took me a little time to figure it out!!!

All should be OK now.

We are contemplating moving to a new host and server. We have been with these guys for years now, but, they are a little too expensive to stay with. There are cheaper and better site out there now.

I will let everyone know when this happens and it should be almost seamless.... :chuckles:

Thanks for your patients.

Darryl
Sonny

Re: Sorry for the down time!!

Post by Sonny »

Holy Crapola I thought I was banned or something. :o :o

Glad that you are sorting out the problems. :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Damn, retired for a week and already a bum.....;)

You are a quick learner!

Sonny, I thought I had been banned too!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Just a little hiccup huh? :)
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Whoa, that was strange. I thought I'd lose my ID and history again. But, don't think so. Good to see you are back up again.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Also, we are having a problem with the forums logging you off. We are working on that right now. for me (and others) when you get to the bottom of the page and click on "return to "XXXX", it loggs you out. Also in so other instances also.

This is a problem with the software when we upgraded about a month ago. It seems to start showing up on different forums from time to time. They have a fix for it and we are working on it right now to correct the problem.

Again, no one was banned. We haven't had to ban anyone in a very very long time now. And if we do, YOU WILL KNOW WE DID IT. We would be discussing it with you first and see if a problem can't be solved first. But it's pretty rare. So relax.

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Went looking for an old post I made, to get the information for on checking for something on the SKS. I couldn't log on, kept telling me invalid credentials......I was like wow, what did I do to kicked off the forum.

Sent a text to longcolt44 and asked him what was going on. He didn't know who I was at first, I guess I kind of blindsided him.......Again sorry about that Chuck. Anyways he set me straight, whew.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

OK, I thnk everything is OK now. It stopped logging everyone out all the time. When you come to the forums the first time, you will have to log it. But it should keep you logged in from that point on .... I hope!

Darryl
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yeah I've been having trouble all week. It would ask me to sign back in when I went from page to page then finally it stopped taking my info. and I couldn't email admins. Glad you got it back up Darryl. I emailed you guys off site so now I know it wasn't just me. No need to reply to the emails. And Chuck if you see this I posted the same question on the Facebook page so no need to respond.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

qz2026 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:40 am Whoa, that was strange. I thought I'd lose my ID and history again. But, don't think so. Good to see you are back up again.
No, that only happens when you open attachments on emails from Nigeria.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Nice to see you all have a handle on it. I was wondering what was going on.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

In the summer I often go weeks without reading forums these days so when I hit a roadblock I just go somewhere else for kicks and knowledge. This Summer I'm looking around for a street rod to play with too so that has kept me busy. Been out of the shop for weeks and haven't shot for awhile either. I think I noticed things weren't working and just moved on? Glad things have straightened out! Bill :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zeebill wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 am In the summer I often go weeks without reading forums these days so when I hit a roadblock I just go somewhere else for kicks and knowledge. This Summer I'm looking around for a street rod to play with too so that has kept me busy. Been out of the shop for weeks and haven't shot for awhile either. I think I noticed things weren't working and just moved on? Glad things have straightened out! Bill :D
Haven't you been driving a Subaru Bill? You still remember how to handle a street rod? Friend of mine thought he did, he bought a '74 Vega with a 427 and all the other goodies, he drove it off the delivery trailer and wrecked it within 90 seconds of starting it up. Stomped the gas and lost it right off the road and into the trees, something he will never live down. Back in the day he drove all sorts of track and street machines, but his skills went as the wife and kids came along, his hair left, belt sizes got bigger, his ass wore a hole in the desk chair. Don't be him.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
24 ID

Post by 24 ID »

Sonny wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm Holy Crapola I thought I was banned or something.
I thought the same when I couldn’t log in.