As an introduction,My small but growing collection.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rumpelhardt

As an introduction,My small but growing collection.

Post by Rumpelhardt »

Top to bottom, oldest to newest:
1910 Carl Gustafs built M95 Swedish Mauser.
192? BSA built Fluton Regulated No.1 MkIII commercial rifle. (not really a surplus rifle but...)
1936 Tula built M91/30
1941 Long Branch built No.4 Mk1
1943 Remington built 1903a3
1944 Springfield Armory built M1 Garand.

redspoon

Re: As an introduction,My small but growing collection.

Post by redspoon »

:welcome3: to the forum, very nice group you have there. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, that's a very nice collection. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial sporter No1 MKIII other than home built ones made from military rifles. In what way do they differ from the regular military infantry rifle.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rumpelhardt

Post by Rumpelhardt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Welcome to the board, that's a very nice collection. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial sporter No1 MKIII other than home built ones made from military rifles. In what way do they differ from the regular military infantry rifle.
This and maybe the Swede are the only two of this bunch that I didn't over pay for lol.
The Commercial rifles were made by BSA in the 1920s - 1930s the exact dates are unknown because supposedly all the records of them have been lost. This one was bought new by a gentleman in Canada and sent to Fultons of Bisley to be turned into a target rifle. I found it in a gun shop near me where from what I can gather the son of the original owner had it on consignment. He said that it was exactly as his father originally got it and that it had less than 100 rounds ever fired through it.
This stamp on the wrist socket indicates a Commercial rifle.

some more pictures just because I like ths rifle a l;ot lol.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Welcome to the board, that's a very nice collection. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial sporter No1 MKIII other than home built ones made from military rifles. In what way do they differ from the regular military infantry rifle.
I can't tell what's sporter about it. Looks like a nice SMLE. I covet your Long branch. :wink:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not something that would have been readily available here in the states, or in demand with all the US M1917's and M1903's available from the DCM on the cheap.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rumpelhardt

Post by Rumpelhardt »

Correct but very popular in the British Commonwealth countries from what I've read and if this one is any indication they are very good shooter as well.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

That Sir is one sweet rifle :thumbsup: Enjoy.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Damn, I thought I was through collecting Enfields, very nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It sure is a fine looking Enfield. The Diopter sights most likely was the upgrade to target rifle. I sure like it and the marbling in the butt stock is real nice eye candy.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

So the guy got it and then sent it back to England for the upgrades? Sweet.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rumpelhardt

Post by Rumpelhardt »

millman wrote:So the guy got it and then sent it back to England for the upgrades? Sweet.
He ordered it from BSA who at his request sent it to Fulton who then sent it to the owner after the work was done. Must have been great to be a fire arms enthusiast before all the regulations.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rumpelhardt wrote:
millman wrote:So the guy got it and then sent it back to England for the upgrades? Sweet.
He ordered it from BSA who at his request sent it to Fulton who then sent it to the owner after the work was done. Must have been great to be a fire arms enthusiast before all the regulations.
Yes it was, there is a word for what they had....what is it?......Oh yea, FREEDOM.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You can call it a small collection, but I think I'll call it a distinguished collection. I mean, if you never bought another firearm you'd be ok with all that nice shooting variety. Well done.
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Very nice! I have a 1941 Long Branch with the round cocking knob and a hinged front band.

You have a beautiful old No.1 there.

Welcome to the black hole of collecting. :vcool:
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Very nice collection you have there.....

There are still a fair few Fultons Regulated Enfields being shot around the UK every weekend, a couple of members of my local club regularly shoot their examples which are very similar with diopter target sights fitted.