Chilean M1895

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
qz2026

Chilean M1895

Post by qz2026 »

Been a while since I posted. But, I do love the South American Mausers and this one pleasantly surprised me. Got it at auction recently. It looked a little rough but I saw the potential of this rifle. Seems that no one else did and I was the only bidder. Therefore, I got it pretty cheap. It's always a little risky when rifles show some rust but I felt that, at least, what I saw was fixable and not permanent and pitting would likely not be a problem. I really bought this one as a shooter since I have another pristine (SAMCO) M1895 made by Loewe that I have decided not to shoot. Well, this one cleaned up just about as nice as the Loewe rifle. With the exception of a slight blemish and some minor scratching on the rear receiver ring, this turned out a little better than I expected. A fun project. Other than the floor plate and cleaning rod, the rifle is matching. There are still some deals out there if you are patient.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: Chilean M1895

Post by SA1911a1 »

Great work on a fine rifle. Congrats! I have a Chilean in 7MM and one in .308. Both are ugly and the &MM is shot out and ugly. I would be as happy as a pig in poop with one like that.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Purdy! You do excellent work.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

You did good on that one, cleaned up real nice. Congrats on the find. :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!