Damn Fox

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Damn Fox

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:33 am I have a possum that comes out to eat with the cats in front of the shop, so far it's been on it's best behavior and I haven't seen any half eaten kittens. The coons on the other hand can be naughty, some of them have met with unfortunate accidents over the years. Coons are problem solvers and they have fingers, they keep working a problem until they figure it out, or something happens to them.
The "coon cat" ? He done met an accidental untimely demise ?
Not the one that ate with the cats for years and acted more pet than wild animal, that one just vanished one day.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When I pulled out the gate this morning I found a fawn, or small doe, hard to tell as all I found was it's ripped off head, and a big blood stain. Lovely, looks like the mountain lion DEP swears on a stack of bibles doesn't roam here is back. Of course they said that about the bears for 20 years of reported sightings before the advent of the cell phone camera turned up too much evidence to ignore. That and a dead bear embedded in the front of a truck. Multiple mountain lion sighting in recent years, not many other critters can consume an entire dear, and by the blood evidence on the grass it looks like that's exactly what happened. Looks like had I come out an hour earlier the entire neighborhood would have gotten a .357 magnum wake up call.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:28 am When I pulled out the gate this morning I found a fawn, or small doe, hard to tell as all I found was it's ripped off head, and a big blood stain. Lovely, looks like the mountain lion DEP swears on a stack of bibles doesn't roam here is back. Of course they said that about the bears for 20 years of reported sightings before the advent of the cell phone camera turned up too much evidence to ignore. That and a dead bear embedded in the front of a truck. Multiple mountain lion sighting in recent years, not many other critters can consume an entire dear, and by the blood evidence on the grass it looks like that's exactly what happened. Looks like had I come out an hour earlier the entire neighborhood would have gotten a .357 magnum wake up call.
Could be Coyotes too. They take their fair share of fawns and yearlings down. I suppose a pack would take a doe too. They take calves and other baby livestock here.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very close to were I sleep, coyotes in a pack can't seem to do anything quietly, even with the AC on I would have heard the yipping. They also don't like to approach the road or were people live, probably the result of a few traffic related fatalities, and assassinations by pissed off petless homeowners. Big cats on the other hand are like little cats, they move in silent stealth, deadly killers, land sharks, buzzsaw of teeth and claws, see you in the dark , hear you half a mile off. Never forget to check six and look up as they like to pounce from above. Hours of observing the tiny killer I have living inside with me has educated me about the capabilities of the bigger version outside. The deer outside had included two fawns, today I only spotted one, they are old enough to have lost the spots, fairly good size. Now I just have to figure out how long a big cat takes to digest a deer, bastard will probably sleep it off and then come out to hunt again, same thing the little one does after a big meal. I need a double rifle, 500 nitro express? The ground is dry and hard as old cement out there, I tried to find tracks but my tracking skills are somewhat limited.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 pm Very close to were I sleep, coyotes in a pack can't seem to do anything quietly, even with the AC on I would have heard the yipping. They also don't like to approach the road or were people live, probably the result of a few traffic related fatalities, and assassinations by pissed off petless homeowners. Big cats on the other hand are like little cats, they move in silent stealth, deadly killers, land sharks, buzzsaw of teeth and claws, see you in the dark , hear you half a mile off. Never forget to check six and look up as they like to pounce from above. Hours of observing the tiny killer I have living inside with me has educated me about the capabilities of the bigger version outside. The deer outside had included two fawns, today I only spotted one, they are old enough to have lost the spots, fairly good size. Now I just have to figure out how long a big cat takes to digest a deer, bastard will probably sleep it off and then come out to hunt again, same thing the little one does after a big meal. I need a double rifle, 500 nitro express? The ground is dry and hard as old cement out there, I tried to find tracks but my tracking skills are somewhat limited.
Oh hell yeah, those noisy SOBs roam in the back fields here and I hear them howling to the other packs. Sometimes I hear them answer from three different directions. They're loudest when they gather in the filed and it sounds like they're ripping each other to shreds. I don't have to much in the way of large predators here besides the two legged ones. We have the occasional Bear and Mountain Lion sighting, I've never seen any. I just have to be cautious at the waters edge around here because we do have gators.
Edit: I just went to check the chickens, it's that time of night when they're settling in and the roosters fuss with each other which sometimes sounds like something's after them. I looked around the yard and about 10 yards from the one coup is one of the does that hang out up here. The field next to my place is getting high again so it's about time to cut it for hay and she blended in pretty good but my subconscious picked her out.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 pm Very close to were I sleep, coyotes in a pack can't seem to do anything quietly, even with the AC on I would have heard the yipping. They also don't like to approach the road or were people live, probably the result of a few traffic related fatalities, and assassinations by pissed off petless homeowners. Big cats on the other hand are like little cats, they move in silent stealth, deadly killers, land sharks, buzzsaw of teeth and claws, see you in the dark , hear you half a mile off. Never forget to check six and look up as they like to pounce from above. Hours of observing the tiny killer I have living inside with me has educated me about the capabilities of the bigger version outside. The deer outside had included two fawns, today I only spotted one, they are old enough to have lost the spots, fairly good size. Now I just have to figure out how long a big cat takes to digest a deer, bastard will probably sleep it off and then come out to hunt again, same thing the little one does after a big meal. I need a double rifle, 500 nitro express? The ground is dry and hard as old cement out there, I tried to find tracks but my tracking skills are somewhat limited.
MV5BMjE1MTY1NTQwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjY4Nzc3._V1_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

M-44 with 203 gr. SP. The bayonet might come in handy.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

This one is number three this summer. All chickens accounted for. He was laying on the hill above Fort Clucks, waiting. .22 sub sonic ruined his day. The one before it ran by the chicken lot while I was in there. I made a varmint squeal and when he looked back, I thumped him with the Taurus slim 9.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why are you killing the poor little fox puppies? I have them here, there were even babies this summer, they run around but don't hurt anything. The racoons on the other hand stalk the cats and shit all over everything in the parts bus's outside.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:43 pm Why are you killing the poor little fox puppies? I have them here, there were even babies this summer, they run around but don't hurt anything. The racoons on the other hand stalk the cats and shit all over everything in the parts bus's outside.
So they don't turn into big foxes. Rabies, mange, fleas, chicken & rabbit killers, and they really pissed me off last spring. I found a den, theirs I believe. I'm gonna bomb it tomorrow at sunrise.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:43 pm Why are you killing the poor little fox puppies? I have them here, there were even babies this summer, they run around but don't hurt anything. The racoons on the other hand stalk the cats and shit all over everything in the parts bus's outside.
So they don't turn into big foxes. Rabies, mange, fleas, chicken & rabbit killers, and they really pissed me off last spring. I found a den, theirs I believe. I'm gonna bomb it tomorrow at sunrise.
Tannerite? :lol:

[bbvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V0S1m5a7U[/bbvideo]
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Napalm :shifty:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:12 pm Napalm :shifty:
haha... Styrofoam melted in gas. :thumbsup:

I once.... err.. someone I know mixed up 8lbs of tannerite and set it up on a stump. Wasn't much of that stump left I tell ya.

errr.. I mean so I was told. :wink:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:12 pm Napalm :shifty:
haha... Styrofoam melted in gas. :thumbsup:

I once.... err.. someone I know mixed up 8lbs of tannerite and set it up on a stump. Wasn't much of that stump left I tell ya.

errr.. I mean so I was told. :wink:
I watched a guy try to lite a fire in a fireplace with 2 or 3 oz black powder one time. He had seen Daniel Boone do it on TV. It didn't fizzle, it went PHOOMP! When he turned around, his face looked like Al Jolson in makeup. His eyebrows eventually grew back. :facepalm2:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Chickens and rabbits are dangerous killers, the Mafia of the animal world, the Fox is just policing them. You forgot the foxtail to tie to the antenna on your 1960 Chevy Impala :chuckles:
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Going coon hunting one night, we went by an ol ladies house to see if she wanted a coon to cook. She says " law yes son, but if your gonna skin it out, leave one paw on it." Why my buddy asks. " Because they was some fellas brought me a skinned out cat one time "
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vomit1: :vomit2: :vomit3: :vomit4:
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

A roasted coon is some gooode eating. Real similar to black bear. Cat, I don't know. We might get an opinion from some guys that were in Viet Nam or Korea.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Your making a fox fur overcoat aren't you? Coon skin coats were real popular in the 20's with bootleggers and collage dandy's. Fox fur was popular in the 70's among inner city street corner entrepreneurs, the look went well with the leopard seat covers in their Cadillac Eldorado convertibles.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I would look rather dashing in one of those :vcool: hmmm, Can ya dig 'em up after a little while and skin 'em ? I'm gettin me some Fox hounds :idea: Here dogs here. Tally, tally ho get that sun o bitch. :hunter: