M24 Bohler Stahl Lotta rifle

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

M24 Bohler Stahl Lotta rifle

Post by Longcolt44 »

That is what I found in the barrel channel of my newly acquired Finnish M24 rifle.
Finnish M24-10.JPG
I went to the Ohio Gun Collectors Association meeting last Sunday to pick up a 1934 M27 I had reserved from my Finn collection. While I was trying to decide between two '34 M27's he had brought for me to choose from he asked how I was set with M24's. I told him I didn't have one but someday I would like one, big mistake. After I was done fondling the M27's and choosing the one I wanted he pointed to two M24's he had set on the table. I thought to myself, “ It can't hurt to just look at one as I had never seen one in the wild much less two.”, second big mistake. Please enjoy the attached pictures of my new M24 Lotta rifle.

There are some numbers stampings I need some input with. The original serial number has been retained and a Civil Guard District number has been struck out then looks to have had the original number re-struck on the receiver. There is also a number stamped on the rear side of the receiver. Any input on that number or the re-issue of the original serial number is appreciated. It also has a Civil Guard logo stamp , the [SA] and D stamped on the barrel. This rifle has a Bolher-Stahl stepped barrel with a 2 ¼ inch counter bore, (This is the deepest counter bore I have seen.), and a two piece early style spliced stock. There is a spring on the trigger that takes up any slop and makes for a true Finn trigger. There is only one plug type repair on the underside of the stock and somebody thought it needed an additional sling loop on the butt stock. It came with the early type sling hanger and a brown leather sling. More in-depth information on this rifle can be found here at the RMNF M24 page, http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/fin ... index.html I am going to post what I feel are the best informative pictures but if you want to see any others I took a lot so just ask. Enjoy.
Discussion Section
Finnish M24-9.JPG
Finnish M24-8.JPG
Finnish M24-7.JPG
Finnish M24-6.JPG
Finnish M24-5.JPG
Finnish M24-4.JPG
Finnish M24-3.JPG
Finnish M24-2.JPG
Finnish M24-1.JPG
Finnish M24-20.JPG
Finnish M24-19.JPG
Finnish M24-18.JPG
Finnish M24-17.JPG
Finnish M24-16.JPG
Finnish M24-15.JPG
Finnish M24-14.JPG
Finnish M24-13.JPG
Finnish M24-12.JPG
Finnish M24-11.JPG
Discussion Section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!