Wasr-10/63 furniture fit?

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Evil Eddy 1B

Wasr-10/63 furniture fit?

Post by Evil Eddy 1B »

Hello so I got a Wasr-10/63 Izhevsk arrow in triangle on a good trade value but it is in the tacticool furniture which is not my taste for my military firearms. I want to bring it back to the military look. I am having a hard time trying to identify which furniture will fit my research is giving me all sorts of countries and models. It is the stamped version which I'm assuming that it is "AKM-47". I had a buttstock from 20yrs and had to shave, file and sand the heck out of it to insert it in. I have a top hand guard with gas tube and it looks to short. I looked up for wasr-10/63 stock kits and I gives a wide range of pieces. I am not looking to spend a fortune on something that is going to collect dust behind the Mosin's. Can someone help me on how to correctly identify or point me in the right direction to make this AK happy again really myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorBurn

Re: Wasr-10/63 furniture fit?

Post by RazorBurn »

Just use any Romanian AKM furniture. I upgraded mine last year, and picked up my stock set from APEX Gun Parts.

This is the set I picked up a year or so ago for my 10/63.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/furni ... -good.html
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

The triangle with an arrow is a Romaninan mark and looks similar to Izhevsks mark. A lot of the furniture is interchangeable, hence the reason so much is listed. My Wasr is a mutt, but i like the look. My upper hand guard is wooden one found on Wasr's. Lower hand guard is Egyptian Maadi palm swell (looks good). Grip is Polish. Butt stock is Romanian. I have a mix of a few other parts as well. Several sites sell the furniture (you might find a black Friday deal). I think some of the gas tube lengths are different-not sure.
Also, the butt stock is a very tight fit. I don't think they were meant to be sanded (maybe slightly for fitting). I had to pound mine in with a rubber mallet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I did have the dong hand guard as well. It looked good and was easy to use, but I like this palm swell better. It was hard to rest the dong type hand guard on a bag. Also, the magazine hit the dong every time I removed it.
Mosin Fanboy
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Mine before.

How it sits now. I didn't put the dong grip on mine, but have it in my spare parts bin in case I want to try it some day. I also put a Troy Claymore flash hider on mine just to see how it does with it. I haven't shot it since I put the Claymore on it and I'm curious to see if it will affect muzzle rise any at all.

willyj73 is right, the CUGIR stamp looks similar to Izhevsk. I did a double take on mine when I first got it, but sure enough it's CUGIR's stamp.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Evil Eddy 1B

Post by Evil Eddy 1B »

Thanks I appreciate all the info. I picked up some from apex for pretty cheap and I suppose since it is not original to being correct furniture I could clean them up and still make it a fine looking rifle . Ya and when I tried to insert buttstock into rear of receiver it was a good 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch on all four sides and it is still super tight I did have to use a rubber mallet .Thanks again!
jerry blosam

Post by jerry blosam »

Hi,

I think Bamboo wood would be perfect for the furniture as I also have one with same.
Buy Furniture Online In Australia from ClicknBuyAustralia for Living Room, Bedroom, Outdoor, Dining Room, Storage.
Abime75

Post by Abime75 »

Thanks