New to me CZ-82

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
RazorBurn

New to me CZ-82

Post by RazorBurn »

I've been wanting a CZ-82 for a while, and it was nice to see a couple of distributors get some in stock. It really was just another good excuse to use the C&R license. :biggrin:

I spent a few more dollars and ordered this one from Aim Surplus as I've always received excellent service and firearms from them. It arrived packaged very well, and in better shape than I expected. It has your normal high edge wear, but overall it's in real nice surplus condition.

I really like how it feels in hand, and the sight picture is nice too. I expect this one will shoot good as it's passed all the function checks and it has a nice bore. Now it's time for a good cleaning. It does have a billboard CAI import stamp, but at least it's hid under hand while shooting. I look forward to shooting and comparing it to my other pistols in 9x18 Mak.

Threadkiller extraordinaire...
entropy

Re: New to me CZ-82

Post by entropy »

I had one that had a bulged barrel, and it still shot good.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

I have been curious about these for a while and would love to read your thoughts in comparison to other Mak caliber pistols after you shoot it.

Looks like a nice example!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

The CZ-82 and CZ-83 are two of my favorites. Of the two, I rate the Israeli Police trade-in CZ-83 a bit higher as it looked like a brand new gun when I got it from AIM and it shoots absolutely flawlessly with any kind of .380 ACP ammo. The CZ-82 I have is not quite as reliable, and I sometimes get a failure to feed on the last rounds in the magazine. I think this may be a fault with the crappy mags I have for that gun. I think you will enjoy shooting it; it is more capable than the Makarov and has a better double action trigger pull. In fact, it is the smoothest trigger overall than any milsurp pistol I have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

CZ-82 fits my hand like a glove. It's a little latger then the othe 9mm Mak I think. But it is a very comfortable gun in my hand. May be a little heavier too.

Over all, I love this firearm.....a lot.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

My wife has two CZ82's one for shooting at the range the other for home protection. She prefers the 9x18 over the 9x19 for lower recoil. Fits her hand like a glove with the weight being just right for her size. Buffalo Bore +p makes it very hard hitting if extra power is wanted .JGC
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Interesting placement on the import info.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Still want to get a CZ-82, we have two 1991 dated CZ-83s we brought back from Germany in 92. Love them so the 82 should fit right in.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member