My local Cabelas

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
Jbob

My local Cabelas

Post by Jbob »

I noticed on my last visit they no longer have the used gun area except for the library... Used to be several racks of used items from surplus that dried up last year to about anything you could think of. This was always my bee line route as I'd always tell my wife to look for me there on the way out.
I never bought anything other than reloading items but always enjoyed looking.
How about your area ?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My local Cabelas

Post by Rongo »

I go into Cabelas from time to time... Never really find much I want to buy. Except for the roasted bags of nuts, those are good. I figure it's better to buy roasted nuts only, rather than buy other things there & get MY Nuts roasted along with my wallet at the checkout. :big shock:

The place ain't cheap.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

My nearest Cabelas is at least 250 miles away. I don't get in to them often.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Wonder if this is a result of them having been bought out by Bass Pro. Will be a real shame if that's the case, always enjoyed browsing through the used stuff. Haven't been up to our local one in a while. Was planning on heading up there in the next couple weeks to stock up on some supplies.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I don't have to go to Cabelas to see what they have to sell in the Cincinnati area. Why you ask? Because they come to the gun shop I work at and buy milsurps+ from us. I also know why they are so high with their prices. We are not cheap and they are willing to almost pay retail for what they buy. They do seem to buy nice stuff though.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Longcolt44 wrote:I don't have to go to Cabelas to see what they have to sell in the Cincinnati area. Why you ask? Because they come to the gun shop I work at and buy milsurps+ from us. I also know why they are so high with their prices. We are not cheap and they are willing to almost pay retail for what they buy. They do seem to buy nice stuff though.
If my competitor was buying guns from me to resale, he would be paying retail plus.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:I don't have to go to Cabelas to see what they have to sell in the Cincinnati area. Why you ask? Because they come to the gun shop I work at and buy milsurps+ from us. I also know why they are so high with their prices. We are not cheap and they are willing to almost pay retail for what they buy. They do seem to buy nice stuff though.
If my competitor was buying guns from me to resale, he would be paying retail plus.
So if we mark up our stuff 70% and then sell at 10% off that price, is that still retail?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!