Spanish Mauser -

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
wolfstein

Spanish Mauser -

Post by wolfstein »

I bought this Spanish Mauser some time back. It is 7mm and the receiver is dated 1932. I would appreciate any history, information. etc. about Spanish Mausers. I had a gunsmith inspect it and he said it is safe to shoot. Thanks for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Spanish Mauser -

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The best place to start will be a history of the Spanish Civil War, a weapon with that date on it likely participated in that savage conflict. Could have been used by either side but Nationalist is most likely. Typical small ring Mauser design, nothing earth shaking there, Sweden and other nations had used it for many years, this rifle is all about the history of that era.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I have two conversions, originally 7mm like yours, converted to 7.62 NATO after Nato was formed. Mine aren't dated or have been scrubbed, I think they are all designated Spanish Mauser 1916. Was Spain involved in WW1? Aim low, your first sight position is 300 m.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I'd like to pick up one of those in 7mm one of these days. That's a very nice looking one!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
xring3

Post by xring3 »

I bought one recently from J&G. Bear in mine most of these have had the daylights beat out of them during the Spanish Civil War. Most conditions are pretty rough on the ones you get now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk