Romanian WASR 2

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Greasemonkey

Romanian WASR 2

Post by Greasemonkey »

I kind of had the hankering to try something new :shock: Maybe to help get off my SKS fixation, which didn't work, I ended up with another one, anyway. :chuckles:

I found a Romanian WASR 2 package for sale, it included 3 Russian bakelite magazines and just over 1600rds, about a tin and a half of 5.45 Bulgarian 7n6 surplus ammo for sale, I even got another can opener out of it. I made what I thought was a fair offer to the seller, 2 days later I got a response. I had skirted around one back in the day due to quality issues when they were still coming in, but I finally went and took the plunge, 10 years later. After shooting it, I only asked myself, why didn't I do it sooner, little to no recoil or muzzle flip vs. the x39 variant. Like a typical Romanian built Ak, function is more important than looks, it's got some rough finish parts, but it worked, perfectly. The previous owner put a Tapco trigger in it, which was pretty decent, no trigger slap. It does have the typical canted sights, just a hair to the right, but you would never notice it in the way it shoots. About a week after I got it, I stumbled on a deal for 3 East German bakelite magazines, I drug them home too :thumbsup:

Great.....another caliber to feed... :facepalm2: :chuckles: I almost wish someone had made an SKS in this caliber.. :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
tjtM38

Re: Romanian WASR 2

Post by tjtM38 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I haven't owned a WASR, but have a couple of shooting friends who have these rifles. They are the typical AK clones with good reliability and 3 to 4 MOA accuracy. You have a decent side rail on the weapon, I would invest in a low to medium priced red dot sight. My Arsenal AK clone has a first generation Vortex SPARC. The newer ones are much better. Don't know what you shoot in your SKS rifles, but I have always like Wolf in both the SKS and the AK.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Thought about a scope.. if I were going to go that route, I would like to find one more like whats on my PSL. Just a simple all in one piece design would work well for me, I don't really crave the uber stealthy fancy stuffs. :D

As for ammo in my regular Aks and SKS... M67 Yugo is my all around favorite, Golden Tiger I like, Wolf, the Bear ammos, RAS all of it works well.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Greasemonkey wrote:Thought about a scope.. if I were going to go that route, I would like to find one more like whats on my PSL. Just a simple all in one piece design would work well for me, I don't really crave the uber stealthy fancy stuffs. :D

As for ammo in my regular Aks and SKS... M67 Yugo is my all around favorite, Golden Tiger I like, Wolf, the Bear ammos, RAS all of it works well.
Yeah, the Golden Tiger is really good milspec ammo. However, the Wolf seems to be very consistent in my rifles. My AK eats everything; lately I have been trying to expend all of this crappy Tula ammo I have on hand. My Arsenal AK eats anything.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Good deal! Been wanting to at least shoot one in that Caliber. :vcool: :vcool:

Romania did alright with their rifles... I sure like my SAR1. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

I almost wish someone had made an SKS in this caliber..

MIni-14, anyone?

No, strike that- a .223 SKS would be a way better rifle...

NIce score, greasemonkey! 8-)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

entropy wrote:I almost wish someone had made an SKS in this caliber..

MIni-14, anyone?

The Siaga came in .223... Good luck finding one, and if you do be prepared to pay dearly.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

entropy wrote:I almost wish someone had made an SKS in this caliber..

MIni-14, anyone?

I gotta Mini-14, somewhere around here.. it's ehh. :lol:

There is a very small number of Chinese prototypes rumored to exist in .223, from around the time they were tinkering with the Ak in .223..... but finding one ranks with finding a chicken tooth.

I'd rather have the SKS in 5.45 :chuckles: