Tree Rats

Rim Fire Firearms
Maine 20th

Tree Rats

Post by Maine 20th »

Have Marlin Papoose. Early model. what CCI ammo best for tree rats. Not to eat, but remove from door yard. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tree Rats

Post by Longcolt44 »

Depends on how close your neighbors are.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

You can't beat Stingers or MiniMags.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Choot em. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never have any issues with them, I keep a pack of trained killers on retainer who not only kill them, but then get medieval on them tearing them apart and eating them.

I used to have a problem with these, but now there is only one, and it thinks it's a cat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

My uncle made a feeder for his that looks like a chair at a small table. A nail in the table holds a dried ear of corn and they sit to eat. He snipes them off to cull them when they get overpopulated.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The CCI regular velocity is all you need. Shorts even Goode out 50 yd. You Need'em goode scope, shoot em in Head. They fall over. Me live on them critters two winters. And a little ven. :vcool: .36 cal blackpowder mo fun.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Tree rat & dumplings.
Take 3-4 good size tree rat, gutted when killed, with a hatchet chop off the feet at the knee joint and head&tail. Kneel down at the creek and dip the squirrel good and wet. This keeps hair off the meat and fingers. Cut all around the hide middle ways and pull both ways like Charles Atlas. Boil the skinned washed squirrel for 5 minutes and rinse, change the water and wash the pot, then cook in fresh water til de meat fall off de bone. Pick the meat off, put it back in the broth, add canned butter-me-not biscuit cut in half or quarters. Season w/ salt pepper, what ever you use on chicken. Bring to boil then simmer. Do not stir. When the dumplins sink it's ready. Be carful putting them on your plate cause your tounge might slap your brains out. :Drool1: and don't fergot to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

What the hell you talking about, cut the heads off? That's the best part.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:What the hell you talking about, cut the heads off? That's the best part.
You damn right it is, nose, teeth ,ears, all good. I wasn't talking about my special deep fried squirrel head on a stick. Like a hairy, crunchy corn dog. Yum. :thumbsup:
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Thank you all. Tree rats not native to Maine. Invasive species. Have friends that use meat. Not wasted. Yes, go for head shots. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

12ga. What rats? I don't see any rats. I see pink mist.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

If your neighbors are too close ..... T-Rex traps.

I have a bunch of them. Maybe 10 brand new!!!! NOTHING escapes them....NOTHING!

mouse1.jpg
mouse2.jpg
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I saw the first one of those in person a few months ago. They scared me. That spring is about 50 times more powerful than it needs to be.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

But you never need to place your fingers in harms way while setting that type of trap.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

That is terrifying. Not much left of that mouse but furry cranberry juice. :twisted:
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Not a tree rat but I have a couple possums getting in to my house somehow. I have chased one or both to my laundry room where they disappear in to the walls. I think they are getting in via the dryer vent but it vents to under the house which sits on the old well systern. Neither of my brave feline buddies will venture off the bed when the lights go off. Does anybody know what their favorite food are. I'm not above tempting them with their favorite food and putting a few Colibri quiet .22lr in the ugly little heads. The neighbors will never know or hear a sound.
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

They may be after the cat's food.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Brake Weight wrote:They may be after the cat's food.
The cats food is at the other end of the house about 30 feet from the kitchen where they appear. But thanks.
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

Do y'all keep any dry goods in the laundry room? If you're not seeing any evidence then it's likely the food bowls. Do you have a game camera you can put up inside?
Abraham Lincoln