Makarovs show them off!

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Joekopec1

Makarovs show them off!

Post by Joekopec1 »

Turning 21 in a few more months, hopefully going to be picking up a couple makarovs. Just wanted to make a thread where you can show off yours of all variants. Absolutly love these.
tjtM38

Re: Makarovs show them off!

Post by tjtM38 »

OK; I have three, but these two I can retrieve without having to take everything out of the safe. I also have a CZ-82 in 9x18 caliber, but I don't consider it a Makarov. Here is one Russian IJ70 (commercial) and one Bulgarian Military. Get your hands on one; you won't be disappointed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

tjtM38 wrote:OK; I have three, but these two I can retrieve without having to take everything out of the safe. I also have a CZ-82 in 9x18 caliber, but I don't consider it a Makarov. Here is one Russian IJ70 (commercial) and one Bulgarian Military. Get your hands on one; you won't be disappointed.
Really hoping there will still be a bunch of Bulgarians left!
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

spongemonkey wrote:
Joekopec1 wrote:
tjtM38 wrote:OK; I have three, but these two I can retrieve without having to take everything out of the safe. I also have a CZ-82 in 9x18 caliber, but I don't consider it a Makarov. Here is one Russian IJ70 (commercial) and one Bulgarian Military. Get your hands on one; you won't be disappointed.
Really hoping there will still be a bunch of Bulgarians left!
Keep checking Southern Ohio Guns website and Dans Ammo website. I got 1 Bulgarian from SOG and another with both matching mags from Dans. Both at a very good price! Darn, I need to post pics of them and my 2 East German Makarovs. :wink:

Yeah I'll probably be going with sog! Lucky you for having not one but 2 East Germans!!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

I got a commercial Makarov in .380 cal. Hungarian Marschal grips.
makarov 380.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Here are my Makarov guns. Also included my CZ82 and Polish P64 in the Makarov 9X18 caliber.
Russian Makerov resize.jpg
P64 best resize crop.jpg
East German Makarov resize.jpg
CZ82 w holster resize.jpg
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

My 1961 East German Makarov with matching holster belt and buckle, the Polish P-64 and Bulgarian Makarovs
East German makarov 2 004.JPG
East German belt.jpg
Polish Makarov P-64.jpg
Bulgarian Makarov.jpg
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

Longcolt44 wrote:My 1961 East German Makarov with matching holster belt and buckle, the Polish P-64 and Bulgarian Makarovs
East German makarov 2 004.JPGEast German belt.jpgPolish Makarov P-64.jpgBulgarian Makarov.jpg
Very nice! I also need a p-64 as I can't afford a surplus walther and they look very similar. Bulgarians all look great!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Nice I really need to start looking for an EG Makarov to go with my EG Grenztruppen Der DDR uniform display, would make it look so much better. Either that or as Longcolt44 stated he needs my uniform for his EG Makarov's.

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 15&t=29179
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

I have two Makarovs, the first is Russian post Soviet Union in 380. It is a rough piece of work that functions flawlessly but is hard pressed to keep the holes in the target paper within a one foot radius at 7 yards. It was far worse when I got it new, it wouldn't even print paper at all! Now it has settled in to center mass at least. I have not shot any pics of this one yet.

The second is an East German Mak in 9x18 Makarov. What a contrast, this little pistol is a joy to use and makes a single jagged round hole in the target at the same 7 yards. It is well finished and a joy to handle. Since these pictures were shot the aftermarket rubber grip has been replaced by an original E. German grip. This original military grip is very comfortable.
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

Anyone know what these are? Were they issued like this? Thank you
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

It looks like it has an extension on the magazine, something I haven't seen on a Mak before. I wonder if this is a hot rodded model?
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

hudson29 wrote:It looks like it has an extension on the magazine, something I haven't seen on a Mak before. I wonder if this is a hot rodded model?
Yeah I was thinking the same but J&G never stated that in their discription which I found odd
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

This looks very modern to my eyes. It would be interesting to know more about them. If I were able to buy a Makarov (living in CA I can only admire them from afar) I would go for the standard one that has the holster & even the log book. That's the kind of historical connection I that gets my juices flowing . . .
Vintage Paul

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The legality of the Makarov in CA seems to be up in the air. Would one of our CA. members please get a valid answer for us here. Document your answer with facts, just facts.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Longcolt44 wrote:The legality of the Makarov in CA seems to be up in the air. Would one of our CA. members please get a valid answer for us here. Document your answer with facts, just facts.
I think the last part is funny. "Document your answer with facts".

Well, it complicated.

First up.......(In Calif.)
None of the commercial Makarovs qualify as C&R.
Surplus Russian Maks (fixed rear site) are C&R.
P64 are c&r eligible even though not 50 years old.

Russian milsurp or East German Mak (used of coarse) C&R
You can import into California using a 01FFL
You may not import into Calif using a C&R license unless you go out of state and purchase it and hand carry it back in. (Don't ask me why, that's the law)
If they are already in Calif, they can be transferred to a different owner I think.
I see them for sale in gun shows here

Bulgies and Chinese are a no go. You can't import them into California even with a 01FFL.
These are not considered C&R.
If they are already in Calif, they can be transferred to a different owner I think.
I see them for sale in gun shows hereThey are not on the "roster" here and can't be imported by a 01FFL even

P64 (Polish MAK) and CZ82 (MAK Round) is considered a C&R
You can import into California using a 01FFL
You may not import into Calif using a C&R license unless you go out of state and purchase it and hand carry it back in. (Don't ask me why, that's the law)
I see them for sale in gun shows here (everywhere)

Did I miss any of them. There are dozens of laws that apply to these handguns here. It is very complicated. Our 01FFL's know what they can do, and if you are here and considering one, I'd get in touch with one of those guys ...... or .... go to a gun show.

Remember, You can't buy any firearm in California unless you have a "Safety Certificate" now unless it is a C&R and you have a C&R (03FFL) license and a COE (from the State). It a very simple test on firearms safety. I took it without reading the booklet, and got 100% right right off the bat. Very comon sense questions on firearms and safety. Very close to the NRA's old safe hunters tests with a few technical questions added.

If you are "roster exempt" (roster = a listing of legally importable firearms), then you are good to go on just about anything. (ex-military, police, ect.)

Now if that doesn't give you a headache....... I think that most of this is correct. ;mywink;
captsupercow

Post by captsupercow »

Here is my recent acquisition:

Bulgarian Circle 10 Makarov, I don't have any pictures since I've cleaned it up, but it was pretty heavily coated in cosmo. Hoping to shoot it tomorrow!
Doesn't look so bad, then take off the slide....
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Dolk - Thanks for this, it helps me CONSIDERABLY! I have an FFL 03 C&R but have never used it, sellers out of state tell me that I am in CA and even with a C&R they can not sell me a handgun.

Now as it happens, I am planning a trip to a freer state. Mebbee I should bring along some copies of my C&R and buy one or two of these items that I have been lusting for from afar ...

Have you or anyone else tried this?
Vintage Paul

hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Captsupercow - A Bulgie like yours is very high on my lust list. Not only do I love Maks, I know a couple that just adopted a daughter from Bulgaria and she could translate the log book that comes with some of these pistols.

I look forward to hearing about your trip to the range!
Vintage Paul