Polytech M-14S

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Greasemonkey

Polytech M-14S

Post by Greasemonkey »

One I picked up a while ago. I guess being Chinese turned alot of people away from it, even a person at the range I recently went to, acted like Superman around kryptonite. :big shock:

This seems to be a love it or hate it type rifle with fans on either side. It's a Polytech copy of the Springfield M-14, named the M-14 sporter. Polytech was or is known to be the higher grade manufactures in China when you look at the Ak and SKS line of weapons. The bayonet lug and flash hider, some say was added here, some say it is because it's a pre-ban weapon, so I can't honestly say. With all the arguing over receiver peening, hardening, this and that, it's hard to make sense of it all. It is what it is I guess, I'm happy with it. :thumbsup:

The stock as I understand is original, some had the normal lighter colored wood, a few were imported with this dark style stock. It did come with the sling, even still had the factory cleaning kit and oiler in the stock, which I didn't expect and strangely, a USGI marked magazine.

I've checked the headspace, it passes with flying colors, which it was very lightly used when I got it, but, it ate up 3 boxes.... really quick recently, it was really fun, and I'm not overly fond of the scope. I may remove it and give it another go with regular irons at some point.

And, I must confess....it is a beast :lol: :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
RazorBurn

Re: Polytech M-14S

Post by RazorBurn »

Congratulations on the Polytech! :thumbsup:

I couldn't see myself turning up my nose at one of them, and I always find it amusing when other people do.

That reminds me, I need to get my M1A Standard to the range in the near future!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
silverado1999

Post by silverado1999 »

That looks like a nice piece, and the machinery looks to be in great condition. I envy you, I'd love to have an M14, and in that condition. Congrats to you.
Curious enough to take it apart;
Skilled enough to put it back together;
Clever enough to hide the extra parts!
entropy

Post by entropy »

Yes, good find. Some folks turn their snoot up at Polytech, but they are as good as Springfield Armory. (the company, not the actual arsenal)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I like it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!