Beretta 92s

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sonny

Beretta 92s

Post by Sonny »

This arrived this morning in the mail. A Beretta 92s,it's a Italian police/military surplus handgun.

It has a few handling marks on it but it feels good in the hand and the bore looks great. :thumbsup:

Btw this was only about half price of the Beretta 92fs that I was looking at and with the savings I ordered a case of ammo. :lol:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WqmWkMtMc[/bbvideo]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sonny on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beretta 92s

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Southern Ohio Gun has been selling these. I've really been wanting one, but have too many irons in the fire right now. Thanks for posting about yours! :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Is their a better 9 mm this size? I been putting off getting one myself, but is there one any better? I've got a Ruger and don't want a S&W or Glock.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

steelbuttplate wrote:Is their a better 9 mm this size? I been putting off getting one myself, but is there one any better? I've got a Ruger and don't want a S&W or Glock.
In my own opinion, it's the closest thing you'll shoot in a handgun with the accuracy of a rifle. A little large to carry but I've found mine to be very very accurate. I've read and heard our military has turned from this type of weapon to a Sig Sauer model. My guess is there will be a lot of them available in the near future. Grab one, you won't be sorry...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm gonna whore myself this weekend and buy one. Can a non-dealer order from SOG? Will mags for other 92 models work in these?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
entropy

Post by entropy »

I will say the M9's were accurate pistols. I still prefer the 1911. The SIG 320 does seem to be nice switch if they are staying with 9mm....with the plus that the caliber can be changed.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

steelbuttplate wrote:Is their a better 9 mm this size? I been putting off getting one myself, but is there one any better? I've got a Ruger and don't want a S&W or Glock.
I have an old Taurus PT99 circa 1994 or so. It has been 100% reliable in the 20 years I have owned it. I also prefer it's frame mounted safety. You can tell it is an old one by the lack of a decocker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

So I went to the gun range only to find out that the darn fish cops booked the entire range for March 13th-17th..grrr :twisted:

And I go back up north to work on the 17th for a week.

I realize that they have to be certified with their weapons once a year but why this week. :b sad:

Also our stupid laws say that I can only shoot handguns at a certified gun range so I can't even go to a gravel pit..bummer.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Can you shoot a rifle at the gravel pit?

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

millman wrote:Can you shoot a rifle at the gravel pit?
Oh hell yes I can shoot rifles and shot guns and even exploding targets in gravel pits and on federal land too.

But the stupid Liberal government back in the day ruled that handguns are restricted weapons and placed dumb laws on them. :very mad:
Last edited by Sonny on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Government intelligence in action. I just looked it up and a 7.62x54r is about 10x more powerful than a 9mm.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It is almost like you can shoot your machine gun, but your cap gun is a nogo.This stuff frustrates me. :no2:

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

My 92FS is my favorite pistol, it's a hell of a lot more accurate than I am. I carry it sometimes when I have to go to certain parts of Cincinnati. Not for more power but for more shots if needed. A shoulder rig holds it very well.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

millman wrote:
I have an old Taurus PT99 circa 1994 or so. It has been 100% reliable in the 20 years I have owned it. I also prefer it's frame mounted safety. You can tell it is an old one by the lack of a decocker.
The guy I work with just sold one of these he had a long time,, a little newer w/ black grips.....maybe. I should'a tried it out.... :facepalm2:
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

I bought a 92s back in October and have put probably 1,000 rounds through it. Never had a failure of any kind and very accurate. I really like it! I did paint the front sight though so I could see it better. I couldn't be happier with that purchase.

New mags will work. You just have to make sure it has the cut out down low for the mag release.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Longcolt44 wrote:My 92FS is my favorite pistol, it's a hell of a lot more accurate than I am. I carry it sometimes when I have to go to certain parts of Cincinnati. Not for more power but for more shots if needed. A shoulder rig holds it very well.
My Commercial M9 is my carry gun. It stays in a tuckable IWB holster. I'm decent with it but I'm markedly better with the Government Model Colt M1911A1 with its GI sights.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Got one ordered, $315 shipped from SOG.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote:Got one ordered, $315 shipped from SOG.
Dang that's a whole lot better than mine. :shock:
http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.j ... ctid=92278