Hungarian 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
capt14k

Hungarian 91/30

Post by capt14k »

My new Hungarian 91/30 or more correctly Puska 48.M. Marked 1952 all matching and all properly marked with Hungarian 02 stamp. I believe I posted the original one I purchased, but when it arrived the bore was not good and the butt plate was rusted. Seller took it back and provided a full reimbursement. This one has been fully inspected and is good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Re: Hungarian 91/30

Post by steelbuttplate »

Very :thumbsup: and :vcool: . Saving that seller to favorites? What has the rear sight been colored with and how does it show up outside?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Really nice looking and I really like the contrast between the metal and the wood on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Hungarian 91/30

Post by capt14k »

steelbuttplate wrote:Very [emoji106] and :vcool: . Saving that seller to favorites? What has the rear sight been colored with and how does it show up outside?
Colored with?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The top edge looks like reddish nail polish or something. Does it work?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

steelbuttplate wrote:The top edge looks like reddish nail polish or something. Does it work?
It is just a lighting effect. Pictures were taken indoors in a basement. Yes it is fully functional.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hungarian 91/30's are sufficiently rare here in the US that you should have kept the first one also bore dark or no.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Hungarian 91/30's are sufficiently rare here in the US that you should have kept the first one also bore dark or no.
It was sent back while still overseas. I had a limit of 8 rifles. I thought about bringing in 2 of the same but there were enough others I wanted.

MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Wow, very nice. Looks like those unissued Polish M44's.

That would fit nicely next to my M52 sniper if you ever decide to sell it. ;-)
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated