Norinco 1911A1

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
RazorBurn

Norinco 1911A1

Post by RazorBurn »

I've wanted to pick up one of these for a long time. I've passed on a couple that had been bubba'd up. I stopped by one of my favorite shops today, and saw this one on the shelf. It couldn't have been out very long as I stopped in last week. It's been carried a lot, but by the looks of the bore it has been shot very little. Took it home for $371.00 out the door which in my opinion is a solid deal. I detail stripped it, and gave it a good cleaning. The Pearce grips that were on it were very sticky feeling, so I put some spare Keyes gips on it that I had in my parts bin on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
SA1911a1

Re: Norinco 1911A1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That does look like a solid deal, but he original grips sure look better than the replacements.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

You know a lot of people look down their nose at a Norc but these things are built like a tank.

I've had mine for a couple of years and have put over 700 rounds through it with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

you did good. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Cool
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I would have ripped my pants going for my wallet!!! Damn fine price! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Thanks for great pics of Norinco 1911A1 will add it to my collection of different 1911 pistols, My question ; is it possible to find out what year it was made ? Thanks JGC :thumbsup:
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

It's got that well worn finish that just looks so damn good on a 1911!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:Thanks for great pics of Norinco 1911A1 will add it to my collection of different 1911 pistols, My question ; is it possible to find out what year it was made ? Thanks JGC :thumbsup:
I haven't been able to find anything to confirm what year it was made yet. One thing I'm pretty sure of, it's pre-1993 as they were banned in 1993 under Clinton and extended by Bush in 2003.

Thanks for all the nice words guys! I thought it was a bargain, and didn't hesitate to buy it.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
evildog

Post by evildog »

Nice!! I love my Norinco 1911. Bought it when they were only $150, it's my goto gun for the home defense.....
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

I too have one of these Norincos and have found it to shoot as well as my Springfield Armory 45. It is completely reliable with no issues. The trigger feels a bit crunchy and could use some improvement. I like it.

Vintage Paul
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.