Cold War Pistols

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

Cold War Pistols

Post by tjtM38 »

These are pistols from the former Warsaw Pact. Can you name them all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cold War Pistols

Post by Longcolt44 »

A Romanian a Bulgarian and two Czechs.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a nice grouping.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Tokarav, 9x18? 9x19? P-64
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Longcolt44 wrote:A Romanian a Bulgarian and two Czechs.
Very close. The Tokarev is Polish TTC. There is really no way to tell from my photo. It looks just like the Romanian. The Makarov is Bulgarian, the little CZ is a CZ-70 and the big CZ is a CZ-52. Somehow I left out the CZ-82 which is really one of my favorites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Here are my Pistols. (The bottom pic is a better photo of my East German Makarov)
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

since I have 53 cz 52 thats my favorite. 7.62x25 is some pill to swallow. Much improved trigger with Harrington pin. # 1 I think.
Red Star Tactical

Post by Red Star Tactical »

If I was heading into a war zone, I'd be reaching for that Bulgarian Mak. If I was going to the range with some friends, it would be the CZ-52 all day long. Nice collection; you've got to love the Czechs, overhauling each Russian design that comes their way, and generally making improvements in the process.
Daniel :2cents:
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

I used to have a Romanian TTC that occasionally went full auto. It was a little scary so I got rid of it. I would really like a CZ-52 and a CZ-83. The 83 is such a great shooting gun.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ksbanker wrote:I used to have a Romanian TTC that occasionally went full auto. It was a little scary so I got rid of it. I would really like a CZ-52 and a CZ-83. The 83 is such a great shooting gun.
Going full auto is bad for a number of reasons, the least of which is not the Federal Pen.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

SA1911a1 wrote:
ksbanker wrote:I used to have a Romanian TTC that occasionally went full auto. It was a little scary so I got rid of it. I would really like a CZ-52 and a CZ-83. The 83 is such a great shooting gun.
Going full auto is bad for a number of reasons, the least of which is not the Federal Pen.
The first time it happened, it worked correctly for the first two or three shots, then emptied the mag in a hurry. :big shock:
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I hope you notified the new owner of the pistols bad habits. A firearm like this could cause some very bad accidents including death.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I love my CZ52. I got a sweet deal on it years ago.