Show us your "Bazooka"

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Show us your "Bazooka"

Post by Darryl »

I need to make a "Bazooka" forum! :chuckles:

M65 Bazooka, Spanish Manufactured "Instalza", Overall Length: 70", 3-1/2" Tube, Aluminum, 2-pc. Take-down Construction
Original Optical and Bipod and Deactivated to BATF Specs :vsad:

My Son!

[hr]

Instalza 88.9mm Rocket Launcher (Spain)

The 88.9mm rocket launcher is an antitank weapon that was designed to perform also as light artillery, firing antipersonnel rounds against unprotected troops. Featuring very little recoil, it can easily be used by one man and rapidly moved from point to point.
The system can utilize three different types of ammunition: the CHM-81L antitank rocket, the MB-66 antitank and antipersonnel rocket, and the FIM-66 smoke rocket. With the CHM-81L the system has a maximum range of 600meters (1,968 ft) against fixed targets and 450meters (1,476 ft) against moving targets; comparable ranges for the MB-66 round are 1,000 and 300 meters (3,280 and 984 ft), respectively.

Overall weight of this system is 6 kilograms (13.2 pounds). It includes a two-power opticle sight.

The Instalaza 88.9 mm M65 anti-tank rocket launcher is a Spanish-developed weapon with an electromagnetic firing mechanism and a sight unit fitted with an adjustable light source to illuminate the graticule for night sighting.

The electrical connection between the round and the launcher is established automatically during loading.

There are three types of ammunition available: CHM65 anti-tank, MB66 anti-personnel/anti-armour and FIM66 smoke/incendiary.

The launcher and its ammunition are produced by the same manufacturer.
Lotema

Re: Show us your "Bazooka"

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sweet! Now that would wake up the neighbors!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

:shock:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

They were readily available 5 years or so ago. I think I paid $150 for it (or something like that).

Worth a lot more now.
entropy

Post by entropy »

I had a pic of the M72 I fired, but lost it years ago in a move. Wish I had a pic of the M202A1 we used in the barracks for a training tool. (The M202A1 is the 4-barrelled bazooka Rae Dawn Chong shoots {backwards!} in Commando.)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

There are several online sites that have bazooka's, mortars, RPG, etc that have been deactivated. My wife, yes my wife, who shoots and buys as many guns a year as I do bought herself a deactivated RPG with several deactivated training rockets. We are cursed to have several "Progressives" in our family who frown on our likes. She loves to post pictures of herself with these toys and send them to them.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I'm surprised that is not at least one other bazooka on the forums.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Don't have a bazooka but I do have a M72 A3 LAW launcher. I think we paid somewhere around $25.00 to $35.00 for sometime late last year! Need to get the front cover and sling assembly and a replacement front site for it. They break the plastic site for turn in due to radioactive stuff in it. Found a guy on e-bay that sells reproduction sites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
entropy

Post by entropy »

We burnt a few of those up teaching infantry types how to set a hasty ambush with fougasse in a spent LAW tube. In basic you only get to fire the 'bottle rocket' simulators out of them, but I got to fire a live one in ROTC, 5 years before I enlisted. Quite a rush when you're 17!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

dolk wrote:I'm surprised that is not at least one other bazooka on the forums.

I'm not surprised there are no posts! Especially since I know a bit of this and that of what is out there. End of dialect period! Bill :lol:

PS saw a dummy RPG launcher and rockets at last weeks flea market. Didn't ask price!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

No bazooka here, but I could make one hell of a potato gun out of 3" pvc and my torch kit. :thumbsup:
jaytex1969

Post by jaytex1969 »

BOHICA