1952 Polish M44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MarksmanTim

1952 Polish M44

Post by MarksmanTim »

Found a Polish M44 when I wasn't looking early this week. I've always wanted a "mint" condition or "unissued", "new" Polish M44. Of course I procrastinated and next thing you know they're going for $600+. I paid much less than the going rate for this one. This will be the first gun I've ever bought that I don't plan to shoot. Not even a 5 round magazine worth. (I understand it was fired at the factory) If I want to shoot an M44 I'll go with the non refurbished 1945 Izhevsk I have. (and this is coming from the guy that shoots everything including my ex-cossack and my Hungarian sniper for example) I gave it a wipe down, ran a patch down the bore and stripped the bolt to clean the grease out of it. I'd say this is as close to perfect as you can get. Metal is virtually perfect. Numbers matching. There is one handling mark in the stock, but it's not noticeable. It also came with a polish sling, oiler, and cleaning kit, which has the tools still wrapped in paper. I am very happy with the purchase. Next to find is a Polish trainer... shouldn't have passed on one last weekend!

Here's a few pictures, though they don't do it justice.
full left.jpg
full.jpg
right side.jpg
left side.jpg
side.jpg
receiver.jpg
receiver close.jpg
muzzle end.jpg
mag.jpg
butt stock.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 1952 Polish M44

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Could have been the one that was on the shelf next to mine when I bought it back before dirt was invented. Never shot mine either, it's still in the exact condition as when I bought it. I don't shoot the NVA sniper either, I just can't bring myself to casually plink away with a rifle that very likely took the lives of American soldiers. The curse of that rifle is I did buy it from the man who captured it and I do know some of the backstory. It stays in it's case.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice. Interesting, "wartime type", stock on a 1952 dated rifle
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Damn near perfect.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice! Wz48 next? And then you will need a Wz31.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Guns always have a way of showing up when you are not looking. Nice one
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Thanks everyone. Looks like NLmosin bought the other one the guy had.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated