1927 Nagant revolver price check

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
lthilsdorf

1927 Nagant revolver price check

Post by lthilsdorf »

Quick question for you experts. Found a Nagant revolver in a shop around here. It was listed at $275 on consignment. I don't know much about them, but was considering picking it up as it looked very interesting to me, assuming the price is right.

No "SA" mark and no import mark. Had the rounded style front sight. Numbers on the cylinder did not match the serial number on the frame. Small parts that I did see (trigger guard, trigger, cylinder, hammer) had the Tula hammer on them. Has a nice, worn patina and the grips look well used. The loop for the lanyard is missing.

Wasn't sure what else to look for, so chime in if I missed anything important. Price was firm per the family who put it on consignment. Wasn't given a story on the pistol, but there were several other military and older commercial pistols in the collection.

Worth it at that price? Last I knew the imports of the inexpensive refurbished ones were nearing an end.
A Comprehensive Guide to the Spanish Civil War Mosin Nagant

Feel free to message me to contribute to my site!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1927 Nagant revolver price check

Post by Longcolt44 »

That amount may not be too high for an all correct gun. It should also have a lanyard loop also. It may not have an import stamp but it will have a date and arsenal stamp on the right side of the body. This a picture of my 1937 Tula Nagant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

If non import marked that's a plus. With the cylinder non matching a minus. Seems most are going for $250 ish now for the refurbished ones. It could be an ok deal but I think pics would help a lot.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I just checked both my Nagant revolvers (both 1925 and 1926 Tula) and the numbers on the cylinder match the numbers on the frame. Mine have, no doubt, gone through factory refurbishment. I bought them from AIM about a year ago when they had a nice batch of them. I thought 189 each was a bit high at that time, but I have not seen any since, so can't say what they should go for now. 275 sounds a bit high.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tjtM38 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Wow! I bought 3 back when they were $79 and $99 each. I think I have a 1919, 1941 and I cant even begin to remember the other one. Havent seen them in a while. Things go up, rarely go down, well except for my 401K. That thing is like a roller coaster. :chuckles: I would look around. That just sounds really high to me. :2cents:
lthilsdorf

Post by lthilsdorf »

I ended up putting some cash down on it. I won't be able to get it until the county offices are open Monday or Tuesday, so I'll post pictures then. I never seen one around here and it's something I've been thinking about buying for awhile now. Hopefully it's a good pickup. I don't mind paying more for an example that shows real, honest use.

tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Post some pictures when you get it. SG ammo has spam cans of 7.62x38r that will keep you shooting for a few years. :thumbsup:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

lthilsdorf wrote:I ended up putting some cash down on it. I won't be able to get it until the county offices are open Monday or Tuesday, so I'll post pictures then. I never seen one around here and it's something I've been thinking about buying for awhile now. Hopefully it's a good pickup. I don't mind paying more for an example that shows real, honest use.
Where are you that the county offices have to be involved in your gun purchase?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
lthilsdorf

Post by lthilsdorf »

New York. It's a pain. You have to go to the offices with the receipt that the shop gives you for the pistol and add it to your permit. Then they give you a ticket that you take back to the shop to claim the pistol.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't think the price is going to turn out being too high if what you are describing is a non-refurbished example, and I have seen some original non-refurbs go a lot higher. I look forward to seeing it. No import mark huh? Well that sounds real good.
lthilsdorf

Post by lthilsdorf »

Picked it up this afternoon. Didn't have time to take alot of good photos, but here are some. Let me know your thoughts!

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Nice. I would like a nonrefurbed one.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Jumperwire wrote:Wow! I bought 3 back when they were $79 and $99 each. I think I have a 1919, 1941 and I cant even begin to remember the other one. Havent seen them in a while. Things go up, rarely go down, well except for my 401K. That thing is like a roller coaster. :chuckles: I would look around. That just sounds really high to me. :2cents:
The way my 401K is going, I am going to owe someone a hell of a lot of money when I retire.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
lthilsdorf

Post by lthilsdorf »

I live in New York, so it's basically California's little brother, haha!

I did forget to mention the the cylinder, while made by Tula, isn't matching to the revolver. All other parts seem to be Tula made and possibly original to the piece.

BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That looks pretty good. I'd have paid that for a non refurb even though th cylinder is mismatched. Nice.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I like it. The non-refurb has character and looks like an old war horse. :thumbsup:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

The 1927 non refurburb'ed example is actually the nicest one I have ever looked at. :2cents:

The Nagant revolvers have not hit that price point in the AZ market yet, at least I don't think so. It may time to sell that 1943 dated Izhevsk that has been sitting on a shelf under some Mosin’s for about ten years now. 8-)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
neal45

Post by neal45 »

I think you got a fine deal. I like that Nagant.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

nice
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
lthilsdorf

Post by lthilsdorf »

Thanks guys! I was asked on another forum to check the left grip to see if there was a matching date. Looks like it does indeed have a "27" on it above "IIII", whatever that means. Ha! Also noticed today that the cylinder pin does seem to be late Izhevsk marked (Triangle arrow like on the arsenal markings of the 1940's Nagants). Took a few other photos too. I did forget to ask, but does anyone know why the spring for the gate has a strange hue to it? Almost like it was blued differently than the rest of the handgun.