1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matching..

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pureform

1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matching..

Post by Pureform »

So I'm planning to probably sell my 1895 Winchester 1915 Russian Contract With Bayonet and scabbard... ALL Matching..

All matching... you wonder why i say that... cause i have never seen one that has a number on the receiver... wood and buttplate... I'll show you pics what i mean and you tell me what you think... And what I have exactly from what you see...

I saw one sold on gunbroker on 12/5 for $3775 on one of the post someone put on here regarding a Scam listing...(http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =526644441)
Mine seems to be in much better shape... The other one had cracked wood (Mine dont have any) and no scabbard with the bayonet and didn't have the XN3 marking on the wood and the all matching i was talking about and more... Just wanted your opinions on what you guys think and see from these pics... thanks...

Here are two pics of the whole rifle with the bayo and scabbard...

Here are pics with the all matching number on each part i was talking about above... wood...receiver and buttplate...

Here is pics of the XN3 on the receiver and wood

And here is the rest of the pics

boltaction

Re: 1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matchi

Post by boltaction »

Hello, I'll be the first to say "DAMNED NICE RIFLE" you got there... and no I ain't got that type of dough, for one rifle...
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

And I will be the 2nd!!
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I would love to have an 1895 Winchester. Do you take Ramen Noodles?
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

BubbaDX wrote:I would love to have an 1895 Winchester. Do you take Ramen Noodles?
Yes must be only creamy chicken style...
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

WOW awesome rifle, oh and I am too damn poor to get that rifle!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That is an excellent example. I have to show some of the newer members that haven't seen what hangs over my head everyday at work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Unless you are about to kick off, or starving to death I would say selling that would be a damn fool thing to do. This is more secure than money in the bank, and likely you will never, ever see another like it that is within your reach or at all. Anything else in your collection you can probably find again, sell it all if you must, but keep this.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

A once in a lifetime (and only for a lucky few) rifle with bayonet, and you are gonna sell it for some kind of reason that at the moment makes sense? I wouldn't want to have to make such a decision unless the health and well being of a loved one depended on it.
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

Pureform wrote:So I'm planning to probably sell my 1895 Winchester 1915 Russian Contract With Bayonet and scabbard... ALL Matching..

All matching... you wonder why i say that... cause i have never seen one that has a number on the receiver... wood and buttplate... I'll show you pics what i mean and you tell me what you think... And what I have exactly from what you see...

I saw one sold on gunbroker on 12/5 for $3775 on one of the post someone put on here regarding a Scam listing...(http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =526644441)
Mine seems to be in much better shape... The other one had cracked wood (Mine dont have any) and no scabbard with the bayonet and didn't have the XN3 marking on the wood and the all matching i was talking about and more... Just wanted your opinions on what you guys think and see from these pics... thanks...

Here are two pics of the whole rifle with the bayo and scabbard...

Here are pics with the all matching number on each part i was talking about above... wood...receiver and buttplate...

Here is pics of the XN3 on the receiver and wood

And here is the rest of the pics

That is a beautiful rifle.

1. I let go of a rifle earlier this year that was so rare I will likely never see one like it again for sale at anything near the price I paid for it much less for sale at any price and it is a horrible feeling. Choose wisely.

2. If you do sell, will it be privately or via auction?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

1. I let go of a rifle earlier this year that was so rare I will likely never see one like it again for sale at anything near the price I paid for it much less for sale at any price and it is a horrible feeling. Choose wisely.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk[/quote]

So far auction...
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Pureform wrote:1. I let go of a rifle earlier this year that was so rare I will likely never see one like it again for sale at anything near the price I paid for it much less for sale at any price and it is a horrible feeling. Choose wisely.

So far auction...[/quote]

Decided to auction it off
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

:Drool1: :Drool1: if I had that there is no way I'd sell. I'd sell a kidney before that. The only real rare one I have is a 1933 Polish Wz31 that I is never getting sold. I could never find one again and/or be able to afford it especially for what I paid.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I'm with the rest of the people here. That would be the last one I would sell. It is easy for all of us to go on though. If you sell it, good luck. That one is nicer than the $3800 one. I hope you get top dollar.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

I would not sell that one either Keep it. :thumbsup:
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:I would not sell that one either Keep it. :thumbsup:
How have you been Judi? Merry Christmas.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

millman wrote:
Judi and her Mosins wrote:I would not sell that one either Keep it. :thumbsup:
How have you been Judi? Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Eric....Been busy, nice to be back home.
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:A once in a lifetime (and only for a lucky few) rifle with bayonet, and you are gonna sell it for some kind of reason that at the moment makes sense? I wouldn't want to have to make such a decision unless the health and well being of a loved one depended on it.
Yeah, If that resided in my collection it would be one of the last ones to part with... And only for the reasons mentioned above.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

Pureform wrote:
Pureform wrote:1. I let go of a rifle earlier this year that was so rare I will likely never see one like it again for sale at anything near the price I paid for it much less for sale at any price and it is a horrible feeling. Choose wisely.

So far auction...

Decided to auction it off[/quote]
Shoot me a PM if it hasn't been listed yet or even if it has.

Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Pet_My_Mosin wrote:
Pureform wrote:

So far auction...

Decided to auction it off
Shoot me a PM if it hasn't been listed yet or even if it has.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent you a message