East German Makarov

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

East German Makarov

Post by Longcolt44 »

A very interesting pistol came in to the shop recently. An East German Makarov with an extra magazine and original holster and belt. I have been wanting a Makarov for some time now and this one fit the bill exactly, I was able to buy it at my employee discount, the cost the shop paid for it. This particular East German Makarov has some very interesting history in it's stampings. It is dated 1961, the year the wall went up dividing Berlin in to East and West Germany. The very small import stamp indicates it was made at the Ernst Thalmann Armory in Germany, named after Ernst Thalmann who was the leader of the Communist party in Germany starting in the 1920's. He was arrested in 1933 by the Gestapo and held in Buchenwald prison for eleven years and on direct orders from Adolph Hitler, he was shot to death in 1944. The belt buckle has the insignia of the Army of the East German Party on it.

Along with a few other handguns, I took it to the range a week ago. It is a very accurate pistol, shooting some Norinco Chinese Makarov 9X18 ammo I have. It took a few magazines to get used to the very touchy trigger. If you are not careful you will find yourself pulling the trigger twice before your brain gets the message to your trigger finger to stop pulling it. It is in excellent condition and I doubt it had been fired until I got my hands on it. This will take the place of my Hungarian PA 63 as one of my carry guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BuckeyeSgt

Re: East German Makarov

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Very nice. I ordered a Bulgarian from Aim the other day. I really like the Makarovs.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
martin08

Post by martin08 »

That's a slick looking gun. Big Congrats! And a great variant with which to fill the slot.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Very nice East German Mak. I have a 1962 that is in excellent condition. Shoots very good and is accurate. I have two sets of grips the aftermarket (like yours) and an original set. I really prefer the grips like yours. Very dependable gun. I also have a Russian Makarov in .380 Cal., a Polish P64 and a Czech CZ82
Congrats on your find. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That should be a good replacement for the PA63 to save wear and tear to the silver aluminum frame. It's nice to get such discounts isn't it?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice looking mak :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Looks mint.
Sweet!!