More Bulgarian Maks arrived.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
OLD OUTLAW

More Bulgarian Maks arrived.

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Well, took three tries to get a shooter type of one.

Then, long story, but I was talking to a Gun Store near Nashville. Asked him about Bulgarians. Had several in stock from last CAI import. Told me he was pretty positive it is an unissued one that sat in Reserve for years some where. Well, didn't figure that could happen, but I bit and bought it. Here she is. This was only $299 plus Priority Mail. Needs a bit more of that preservative stuff removed yet. When wiped, the stuff is a reddish color. Where thicker in side, it almost looked like rust. But, not. I have seen this stuff before some where. I think on a Romanian TOK.

My dealer, who is a gunsmith and a very well known pistol shooter at Camp Perry, checked it over close for me. It certainly is a new unissued one. Not one scratch inside or out. Feed ramp is still blued. Slide rails on frame and Slide are 100% still blue. A perfect 100% pistol. It is so tight it is unreal.

So, now I have three collector grade and only one Shooter. In the last few weeks even shooters have soared in prices most places. Fastest money I could ever make.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
SA1911a1

Re: More Bulgarian Maks arrived.

Post by SA1911a1 »

New, old stock, without doubt, found in the back of a warehouse. :)

Congrats, that is super!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
OLD OUTLAW

Re: More Bulgarian Maks arrived.

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

SA1911a1 wrote:New, old stock, without doubt, found in the back of a warehouse. :)

Congrats, that is super!
Several of us think the same thing. From CAI tags on this last import, it kinda looks like they received these about 3/20/15. Then started shipping them in early May of this year. There were a lot of rough finished shooters in this batch it seems. Just like you may find at the back of an old Military warehouse .
A bit of every condition. Several of us noticed this variance on the web and on Gun Brokers. So, we called some of the gun stores who were auctioning and flat asked if they had one in a lot better condition than their pics showed. Sure enough, some did say they thought so. I had one dealer that said if I would give them an hour or two they would go look at a bunch and pick the best one for me. Called me back, said it was just plain new and gave detailed description. I told him I would take it. Put my name on it, took my CC and shipped Monday! Seems no dealers were able to get many of this last small batch. AIM sold out theirs really fast. But appears some of the smaller dealers might have got most of the better ones first. Classic had a few for $350 that looked nice. But, I got this one for $299. :D
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!