K98k Russian Capture

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
fintowin

K98k Russian Capture

Post by fintowin »

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
SA1911a1

Re: K98k Russian Capture

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a great looking rifle. I have been looking specifically for a Russian Capture K98. I passed on them when they were cheap and plentiful. I don't care a whit about the Nazi markings. The closest I have to the K-98 is a '24 Serbian.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I found a Yugo K98 for a great price a few years ago. It is a K98 that was scrubbed by Yugoslavia and had their Yugo Crest stamped on the receiver. They left the Mod 98 on the left side of receiver. I have found a few tiny German make on the sights but no Swastikas which side me just fine. I took it to the range yesterday along with a K31 and a couple of Mosins and it shot pretty well. J&G has some for about 250.00 I think.
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Nice Rifle.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It has an Astrawerk front band (Waffen 1) and possibly an original sling. I would need to see better pics to be sure. Sling alone , if original, is worth at least $100..Wish I had known you were looking, just listed one on GB..
Jim

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Very nice rifle in really good shape too.
Here's a picture of my old Russian captured rifle, all German markings were ground off but 1 small eagle that they missed. Shot so much the bullets now cut key holes... Someone down the line installed a straight bolt in this one.ImageImageImageImage