1927 M28 Ski Trooper

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

1927 M28 Ski Trooper

Post by Longcolt44 »

Shown below is a 1927 Model 28 Ski Trooper of no date shown. The barrel, a SIG, has a date of 27 as shown in a small diamond on the bottom of the barrel. The first 20,100 barrels for the M28 were made at SIG. This barrel was inspected by Eriksson as indicated by stamps. SIG stands for Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft, Swiss Industrial Society located in Neuhausen-am-Rheinfalls in Switzerland. This rifle, a Ski Trooper model is one of only six thousand made. Markings on this rifle indicate it was inspected and accepted by Kosti Eakola for the Civil Guard. The Civil Guard District as indicated by markings were for the Raahe district. It has an import stamp of Marathon Products Inc. from the late 80's. I purchased this rifle from Robert Woos a well known author and collector at an OGCA meeting a couple weeks ago. I have already had him put aside another Finn at the next meeting in May. Enjoy the pictures below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1927 M28 Ski Trooper

Post by Longcolt44 »

More M28 pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Last of pictures.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very nice!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I hope that bear appreciates all the nice Mosins he gets to hold. Very cool! :thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Very nice! Gotta get me one ! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

spectacular.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Very nice. I saw one on a grey blanket not too long ago.... Yours looks beautiful.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Extremely nice, Longcolt! :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Wow! I was wondering who had my horseshoe and now I know. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: great find. :D :D
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Fantastic Rifle.
:bravo: :bravo:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Very Nice and with a great presentation and pictures too! I have o4174 with the double sling slots and in a one piece stock that also has a Deutsches Reich mark on the right side of the Butt Stock. It has the old style 2 piece nose cap and is also AZF marked on the receiver flat too. Finn matched bolt and the old stock also has old Russian and apparently Finnish numbers on it too. I also have o4578 which is double sling slotted too. The stock on that one has patched rope holes from earlier use too and that butt plate is marked 78 showing me that is the original stock to that rifle. The second one is only carrying about 30% of the original blue and for sure I would love to have that one talk to me. The bores on both are very shiny and they both shoot real well for my aiming ability! :oops:

Getting rifles like these show so much about what they may have done and are real gems to enjoy forever till you pass them on to others. Congrats on a great rifle and super pictures you graciously shared with us. I really enjoyed looking at them! Bill :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Thanks to all and thanks to Bill for reminding me that this buttplate is also stamped with a 30, matching it to the original stock. It also has the early two piece nose cap.
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Gorgeous rifle, sir.
Love it!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Longcolt44 wrote:Thanks to all and thanks to Bill for reminding me that this butt plate is also stamped with a 30, matching it to the original stock. It also has the early two piece nose cap.

You will find much to my chagrin that every time you look at an older rifle in the collection there will be something you either missed completely or forgot to log in your book about the last time you looked at it. It is extremely frustrating but I guess comes with the territory of having many rifles and being many years old! :oops: Bill
Luthierseye

Post by Luthierseye »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The have some of the most incredible stocks of all the Finns. I would be thrilled to find one in the future.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)