I shot a ppsh41 and a pps43, and I liked it!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
joe7170

I shot a ppsh41 and a pps43, and I liked it!

Post by joe7170 »

Yes, before anyone asks, they were full auto :thumbsup: Just got back from a MG shoot hosted by DNA guns in Morgantown WV. I ran 2 mags through the 41, and one through the 43. I have to say my favorite is the 41, it has no recoil, runs so fast, and has little muzzle climb, easy to hold on target in bursts. The 43 seemed to have more climb although the rate of fire is much lower maybe because it is a lighter gun?

Also ran a belt through a MG42, but that isn't for the Russian forum :crazy.gif:

I have pics of me shooting it, but have to wait for my buddy to send them to me :wink:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
JoeR

Re: I shot a ppsh41 and a pps43, and I liked it!

Post by JoeR »

:thumbsup: Sound like fun, I always wanted to go to one of those full auto shoots and try one. :Drool1: The guy I bought my first two MN from had a full auto license, I forget how much he said it cost per year but I think it was plenty. I can't imagine the red tape needed to do it. Then the cost of the gun. :big shock:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Sounds like a blast! Pun intended!

An alternative to spending so much money for a full auto license and expenditure on those weapons is to build or buy a semi auto version, or even a deactivated model to add to the Russian weapons collection or Finnish collection for that matter as they built the M31 and KP44 as copies of the Russian designs.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

And here's the pics for proof!

RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.