Shocking

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tjtM38

Shocking

Post by tjtM38 »

I've been looking at prices of refurb Mosin Nagant rifles on Gunbroker and I'm shocked at how prices have inflated. Are all the normal sources drying up?

Edit: All of a sudden my humble collection of 11 refurbs is looking up.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: Shocking

Post by Miller Tyme »

I would think the sanctions against the USSR and the fighting in the Ukraine have helped to slow down the number of imports coming in.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I just did a quick look, Southern Ohio Guns still have M-44, Aim surplus has M-44 and 91/30 round, most of the other big companies are out of stock.... I have a '42 91/30,counterbored, the handguard is cracked, the rear sight spring is missing, the stocks pretty beat up, the barrel has been sawed off (no front sight) and it don't always stay cocked,( goes off unexpectedly), if your interested....... ;mywink; ...SBP...63MN's
Last edited by steelbuttplate on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Don't bother to hit the pawn shops. I got those covered.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Between Millman, Longcolt, and myself we have the O.K.I. area pretty well spoken for. :furious:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We have an ex-sniper that may come home with after this weekend. Shoot your best shot MT, I have my surprise already waiting or me at the OGCA.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Longcolt44 wrote:We have an ex-sniper that may come home with after this weekend. Shoot your best shot MT, I have my surprise already waiting or me at the OGCA.

Looking for a 54 Polish M44 this weekend LC, but a little bird told me tonight there might be a niccccccccceeeeeee :Drool1: ($$$$$) :beek: 36 Mosin at the show
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I won't be thee until Sunday so you might see mine but it ain't for sale.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Longcolt44 wrote:I won't be thee until Sunday so you might see mine but it ain't for sale.

Bob said everything is for sale........................ ;mywink;
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

tjtM38 wrote:I've been looking at prices of refurb Mosin Nagant rifles on Gunbroker and I'm shocked at how prices have inflated. Are all the normal sources drying up?

Edit: All of a sudden my humble collection of 11 refurbs is looking up.
This has been going on for several weeks now as the embargo bites. It seems that the days of abundant, "reasonably" priced refurbs have ended. The last I found at around $135-$145 were a 1936 Izhevsk, a couple of 1943s and a 1942. I bought them all. I don't expect to see them for that price again bar the odd find here and there.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Wait awhile then you'll see adds that say things like just found these in the warehouse and its the last of them! Dealers and Distributers are still holding quite a few that I know of and have made no move to sell them just yet. Dang Capitalists! You don't think they are fixing to price gouge you do you? :lol: Refurbs are going up in price as we type but is that real life value or temporary inflated prices? That is your choice as I decided years ago. Bill :whistle:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I bought the last whole Mosin, that I saw in a pawn shop, many months ago. I did see maybe four in two different gun shows over the weekend; all plain Jane, wartime 91/30s, and all priced around $250.00. As Dylan sang, "And the times they are a changin."
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

i got into the military surplus way too late. but glad i got what i got so far
thunder1

Post by thunder1 »

IN the last two weeks I've been to two gander mts, cabelas, and two small gun shops---not a single mosin in any of them
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

The two 1943s and the 1936 arrived today. The `43s are both re-issued rifles sans cleaning rods but are in decent shape overall. A year ago, I wouldn't have looked at them twice. Now, I'm grateful to have them to add to the arsenal. The 1936 looks good, and it's in a pre-war stock. 'Not sure how I lucked into that one, but I know it will be the last at anything like "the old price."
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Any Mosin you can find, no matter the year or condition still beats no Mosin at all.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Does this mean that if we catch Bubba hoovering over a Mosin with a Hacksaw or some sandpaper we can shoot them in the face?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Longcolt44 wrote:Does this mean that if we catch Bubba hoovering over a Mosin with a Hacksaw or some sandpaper we can shoot them in the face?
Sure, why not, cleaning up that mess would be easier than fixing what he would do to the rifle.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Asking prices have gone up but that doesn't necessarily translate to sales. Guys are asking stupid high starting prices for rifles and they just aren't selling them.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

qz2026 wrote:Asking prices have gone up but that doesn't necessarily translate to sales. Guys are asking stupid high starting prices for rifles and they just aren't selling them.
Roger that. "Asking" not "selling." Circa $300 for an ex-dragoon? I don't see anyone biting.