26' Tula!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
husker51

26' Tula!

Post by husker51 »

Here are some pics of what I found in Omaha after xmas. My oldest 91/30 now. With some different markings and in a pretty good stock! Sadly, yes, it has those funky laser etchings on it as well.

Image[/img]
First one I have found with this star in the rear sight base.
Image[/img]

Image[/img]

The bore is excellent. The metal finish is as unissued. The tang is shimmed. The stock could have only been lightly sanded, as stampings in the stock are still pretty good. It came in a decent prewar stock to boot. I like the condition it is in. I had to wait in line for an hour and a half at Cabela's to get it though. It seemed everyone had "gun money" on this day. :roll: It has as many Izhevsk parts as Tula parts. No other arsenal marks I could find though. This is number 10 for 91/30s for me now. Been looking for a clear day for photos outside but it ain't happening. Loading the pics was easier than I remembered. Must have been some upgrades since the last time I posted a Mosin. Anything anyone can add would be great. I didn't find a lot on these particular production years. I know the 23s look a lot different. There is brief information in Lapin's book but not much.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
boltaction

Re: 26' Tula!

Post by boltaction »

Hello, I'd have to say you got yourself a nice rifle there. Good job. BS.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
johncaz44

Post by johncaz44 »

Beautiful
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Congratulations. The older ones are special. Well so are the newer ones.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Nice five line. Pre war stock too. I wonder what all those stamps on the tang are about.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

fintowin wrote:Nice five line. Pre war stock too. I wonder what all those stamps on the tang are about.
+1 That's a beautiful rifle! The tang stamps remind me of some Romanian import rifles that I own. Never seen so many on a refurb tang before, but there's a lot of mystery as to the roads that gun has traveled.
Congrats.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Worth the wait. :thumbsup:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Thanks for the comments. I am very happy to have found it. I thought the stampings on the tang were interesting. I saw better definition through the photo. The best thing about the day I purchased it was sharing my knowledge of the Mosin Nagant model 1891/30 with a man that was getting two to hang on his wall as decorative artifacts. I was hoping he would become an active forum member. Don't think he has though. You get to know a lot about a man when you stand in line for an hour and a half waiting to buy a rifle! :lol: All in all December 27th was a good day!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Sweet! I love the stock. Very nice and period correct rifle. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: