PU Snipers - Classic Firearms

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Obsessive

PU Snipers - Classic Firearms

Post by Obsessive »

Hello, all.

I ordered a PU Sniper from Classic Firearms today. I went off of reviews on their website along with some reviews/photos from Gunboards. I didn't even think of posting here first.

Now that I think about it further - I should have checked here first - did I do okay by ordering from them? I spoke with a very nice gal on the phone and she was more than helpful.

E
boltaction

Re: PU Snipers - Classic Firearms

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Most, used car sales persons are vary nice and helpful to talk too, yet, you 're getting a used car.... I hope you'll be happy with what you get.. As long as you are happy, who gives a shit what other people think... Just my thoughts on the matter. KS.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I think you will be well pleased. They have a good price, good customer service rating, and quick shipping. And nice rifles. :P
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Obsessive wrote:Hello, all.

I ordered a PU Sniper from Classic Firearms today. I went off of reviews on their website along with some reviews/photos from Gunboards. I didn't even think of posting here first.

Now that I think about it further - I should have checked here first - did I do okay by ordering from them? I spoke with a very nice gal on the phone and she was more than helpful.

E
This forum doesn't have "sponsors" that we have to support. You can say what you like here or even recommend anyone you like. Not always the case elsewhere.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I watched a guy at the auction last weekend pay over $700 for a 1942 Izhevsk dated Mitchell's Mauser unit. He had no idea what he bought and talking to him after he was carrying it out still had not a clue nor would he listen to anyone. Tulsky and Molot make nice rifles I will at least say that and many people are happy with them. End of comment! Bill :wink:
Obsessive

Post by Obsessive »

dolk wrote:
Obsessive wrote:Hello, all.

E
This forum doesn't have "sponsors" that we have to support. You can say what you like here or even recommend anyone you like. Not always the case elsewhere.
That's nice to know. That's why I checked here. Didn't want the bias that I saw the potential of on the 'other' website.

E
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Classic PU snipers are one of the best deals on the market right now. You did just fine. There is less of a paper trail in regards to some of their history when compared to the RGUNS PU sniper rifles, but they are at least $200 less than the RGUNS PU snipers. I have a feeling you will be 100% happy with your purchase.
Obsessive

Post by Obsessive »

I wanted to follow up with the process. FYI - I have not received the firearm yet, but will be here Tuesday.

I did call them back, and let the gal know that I was concerned about receiving a 'real' rebuild and not something full of aftermarket goodies. She stated that indeed that they are real, and if I'm not happy, to not take transfer and they will send a return label. To set my mind at ease, she moved my order forward and shipped it out ASAP (which I didn't expect her to do - I was surprised). Unfortunately, the supply around here dried up and I don't have the ability to check them out otherwise I'd go that route.

When it comes in, I'm going to check the headspace (I have the OKIE gauges) and make sure all is good along with the scope glass and bore - I'm expecting it to be a little dark - not too concerned about that. I have two other bolts, so I can check if those fix the headspace (changing the head) in the event it doesn't measure out, but I don't initially think that'll be an issue on a arsenal refurbish. If I recall, these guns are marked as 'hunter rifles' correct me if I'm wrong so I give a little more trust in that.

I have a pretty much flawless 1944 with a laminated stock which I really like, but I wanted a true sniper. Forced matched parts or not.

The next rifle for me will be a 1903 Springfield or an M1 carbine, which are available from a nice local dealer (I purchased my Garand from him).

E

I will report back Tuesday.
Admins

Post by Admins »

This topic should be in the "Sniper Forum"
Obsessive

Post by Obsessive »

I'm sorry. Any way you can move it there?

E
MARKO65

Post by MARKO65 »

I am in NC....i ordered my PU sniper from classic and received it the next day no problems at all and the best sniper i have ever had. Five minutes to sight in at 100 yards.
OLd_Sarg

Post by OLd_Sarg »

I have one and am very happy with it, I think you will be also.
I have some vids on U-Tube about mine;
FYI,
I am not highly knowledgeable, I know enough to be dangerous but I do try to learn as I go.

it is pretty lame but here is my vid if you are easily entertained :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbdegwpqNg