P14

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

P14

Post by desdem12 »

Well I got this rifle a while back for too much but it was just sitting there taunting me when I would go into the shop. Made a deal to take it home and began the search for parts. It is almost done but not quite. Needs a little sanding and stain to match up the handguards and then I need to transfer the stock disc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
tjtM38

Re: P14

Post by tjtM38 »

Really nice restoration. You don't see many of these rifles today. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I see some here and there but have not seen a 4 number like this. Most are 6 numbers. It is a shame it was tortured on the stock. Bore is pretty nice. It also lacks the * chamber
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice job Des, I'm still hoping one will find its way to me.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

My first rifle was a P14. Made by Remington. I killed my first deer with it too. Great rifle.
I believe in the right to arm bears.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

:Drool1:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

First p14 I have seen in person. Have seen a ton of 1917s (mostly bubbas handywork). :biggrin:
JER

Post by JER »

Good thing the previous owner didn't saw the rear sight protectors off....
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I know right. There must be 12 p17s at the shop I got this at, every one sportered beyond repair. Even 3 or 4 enfields next to it were sportered. Sometimes they cut the front ears off too, even though those come off after punchin out the pin. I had to take the front sight off to get the rear ring and front band on.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Very nice rifle you've built, glad you could bring it back. Someday I hope to run across a 1917 or even a p14. Never heard of a p14 until seeing this one.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

That's one still on my list... Hows it shoot?
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have been following in Jumpers footsteps. :roll: This rifle was just acquired and the stock got here yesterday but the bore is nice and should shoot pretty good. I am hoping to do range tests in feb IF it stops raining. Have several that need shooting and have ammo to test also. :thumbsup:
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Good save Des :thumbsup: all I ever see is the P-17's.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

desdem12 wrote:I have been following in Jumpers footsteps. :roll: This rifle was just acquired and the stock got here yesterday but the bore is nice and should shoot pretty good. I am hoping to do range tests in feb IF it stops raining. Have several that need shooting and have ammo to test also. :thumbsup:
Rain??? Won't see that for another 2 months here... When precipitation happens here, it's the Albino Brain Chigger Invasion. :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Looking good, Des! :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

We had our yearly snow already..i mean albino brain chiggers invasion. What is different this year is 10 times more rain and much more colder weather. The elevation here is about 400.. that's it. I am pretty happy to have found the parts for this rifle. I figured it would be a long chore but turned out not to be to bad just a little spendy. Next time I will spend more doh on the used handguards though :thumbsup: :lol:
docbob

Post by docbob »

Good job getting the ol' veteran back to it's original look. I have an ERA *stamped 14 with the fat boy stock and the long range dial in the forearm, but not the rest of it.
I thought it's five digit serial number was pretty early......HA.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Very nice Des! :Drool1: :thumbsup: A buddy of Lotema's stumbled into a great deal on one of those over here about 3 months ago. He brought it to the range and she was a sweet shooter. I wouldn't mind adding one of those to my collection as well! 8-)
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Dang,you can get one of those for $124.32? Or whatever your number was..lol..
Very nice,i have never seen one in person.
Very good job on it.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi