Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Judi and her Mosins

Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Well you guys know I have this power that is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic...

Well it has been a very long time, Back in May I was TDY to Washington DC, which sent me to Baltimore for two weeks :angry4: , then returned home before Labor day, only to be sent to France. Just got in today wanted to say hello. Had to change planes in NYC, stopped by the NYPD office in the airport. Showed my ID :big shock: Asked if they had a room I could change and holster my issued Sig. It was a three hour layover for next flight they gave me some advice on nice take outs, had a Ruben and ice tea. :)

Anyone ever goes to France please stop and vist the Musée de l'Armée,.. French military history one the three largest arms museums in the world. The Mosins they had were perfect. I wish I could have talked the curator out of at least one, but no luck. Really a nice place from the 13th century armour, all the wars, WW1 and WW2 Vietnam...and many others. Wish I had more time to vist there. It would be like Dolk or Miller Tymes gun room.

Please I will check the movies thread the film The Cossacks,...The Cossacks is a 1928 American silent drama film. I do belive all the Mosins and sabers are real, and ka3 marked :) . A film worth watching :thumbsup:

I must thank the UPS person for leaving a Mosin that I ordered in May, left on my front door, lucky my neighbor took it in at the end of summer for me.

I been seeing alot of 1920's M91/30's early ones from PW arms coming in. I have to catch up with the ones I paid for but they been holding for me I grabbed a 1920 izhevsk, and of course another 1943 izhevsk that one is number three in that year I have. Plus a few others.

Jet lag has me now I need some sleep :b sad: , But I promised my pups a XL pizza for them. They sure missed me, Lucky my aunt took care of them for me. But I will not be traveling no more I turned in my resignation letter for Nov. 2015. I am tried of the travel, hours, and I do not certainly need the money. I need to use up my vacation three months, and all my sick time :) . My department head is GONE, left said the place gave him a ulcer. He was a appointed hack. So that makes me the straw boss again. I think he feared me returning PO'ed.

I am going to post a vid in the off topic, How to land an A320 when you aren't a pilot. I bet 90% of you can be talked down. Enjoy the vid. I also am going to post Monday or Tuesday in the play it forward thread a box of Mosin parts many, that you can have free . I am going to have to sell or get rid of over 1,000 AK-47 magazines 7.62x39. I will make special deals for RMNF members. They are East Euro / China ones, 30rd. some forty rd. from my Dads gun shop two crates of them. I don't want to fly them back home. I am at my Dads house which I will re-list since my lazy brother forgot to tell the agent .

Hello to all the new members here since I been gone. Please check your head space with the Okie gauges Be safe. :thumbsup: shameless plug

Any word on the RMNF hats ? Did I miss them ? :vconfused:

Calling all SKS experts.... :biggrin: ..Grease monkey and all you other guys help please............. :thumbsup:
Now, I purchased a SKS was suppose to be a China one, but no /26\ mark, just five numbers and a star, Almost like a Tula star to the right of the numbers. It has no import marks either. I need to call them to ship. I have pictures I shall post later.

Gurn, Jim, are those work benches cleaned yet ? I do not want to call the wifes up...again. I see that the showcase is expanding :thumbsup: Walt I was so happy to see your two dreams, the 1895 Winchester and your wife :thumbsup: such a lucky man. :bwink: You other guys I might have to black bag you as I see some nice collections appearing.

JYD, did you have all that snow a month ago I seen on TV ?

Also before I left I purchased another empty Mosin crate. I will fill it fast as I missed alot of things I would have purchased. I need to fly my Cesna down to Aim to pick up a few things they be holding for me that been paid for. So Chuck I will drop in on you.

I have to keep a eye out for Dolk,...NO...put me down Dolk, Put me down....ImageImage

I shall post more this week, I need some sleep and my pups need some attention from me. :thumbsup:

I must say, I missed this place, It is the best place on the net. A gentleman I work with, he is in another department has a C&R I found out he collects pistols only thou.

No place like home.......I missed all of you, Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Last edited by Judi and her Mosins on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
jimpierce7

Re: Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

Post by jimpierce7 »

I will read all this later, as mama is calling, But I so want to say its good to see you back!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Musée de l'Armée ???

Did they have white surrender flags... :D

Just joking and great so see you back Judi.. :thumbsup:
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Welcome back! Was wondering where you'd gotten off to.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Welcome back.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
A J

Post by A J »

Long time, no hear. Glad you're back. Thanks for the update. A while back my wife asked about whether she could handle a Mosin. I mentioned the "lady on the Mosin forum" who shoots Mosins just fine, and collects them too! So, we were talking about you behind your back. :)
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

Welcome back, Judi!!
SKhiSm 59-66

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

Hi Judi, I'm one of the new ones you mentioned. Regarding your SKS, I don't know for certain but I don't think Chinese used stars. It may be what they've been calling Sino-Soviet, a Chinese with Russian parts ? not sure how that class is defined but that's what it sounds like. Unless it's a North Korean, how awesome would that be ? :D
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

Dang Judi...what do you do for a living?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Judi!!!! Where the heck have you been? Welcome back!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Welcome back!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Welcome Back Judi! :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Hey Judi one other thing. I was just reading that you're thinking of going to AIM. Better hurry, they're moving this week, the 30th and 31st. I haven't talked to Bryan recently but from what I here it's not far from where they are now.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

As I have read it all now, just to answer your question, yes, I did clean my work bench. It stayed clean for minutes!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Welcome back, always good to hear about your exploits. Lol, glad I picked up a few rifles in the past month or so, sounds like there would be some competition now. Lol
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Post up a 1907 carbine you get some :Drool1: 's and :thumbsup: 's. Judi :soapbox: speaks and everyone joins in. :chuckles: :chuckles:

Welcome back secret squirrel. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hello Judi, welcome back, no, I had one snowstorm that gave us 10" or so of sloppy wet snow. What you saw on TV was up north by the Canadian border, they got slammed. So far I have had a mild December, and hope the rest of the winter will continue on like this. Sounds like you have been having adventures, the biggest adventure I have had recently was deciding what cigar in the Christmas cigar sampler a friend gives me will be least likely to taste like three day old road kill. Good luck with the magazine sale, that should be able to fund some Mosins, and we look forward to the resumption of the lazy, incompetent, brother storys :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Welcome back Judi,it will sure be a lot more festive on the group with you around. dance5

bienvenue à la maison :French:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Holy Mackerel! I need a little time to absorb all that! Jet Lag? I have readers Lag trying to get through all that! I guess the Eagle has landed? Welcome Home! I have advanced to safe #7 and I am busy filling that now but other than that nothing earth shockingly new! Now settle down Girl! Phew! I think I lost my breath somewhere in the middle of that tryst! Bill :big shock:
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

welcome back! :BBQ2: