Is 7.62x54r.net still active ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
FR0STY54R

Is 7.62x54r.net still active ?

Post by FR0STY54R »

Ive noticed that despite many of the arsenals responsible for the refurbishment of the 91-30 and said factory's respective arsenal emblems being identified, 54R.net has still not updated it's information. Including still calling the Moscow Military District arsenal mark, a DDR mark. It's a great site and everybody out there getting into Mosins uses it as a reference, it is a very good site, would be great to see it updated.
Shoot like Voroshilov !
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Is 7.62x54r.net still active ?

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The forum is still up. Not very active since the "purge". Info hasn't been updated for a long time.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:The forum is still up. Not very active since the "purge". Info hasn't been updated for a long time.
What was the purge ? Is the site updated by a group over at the forum or is it just one guy who does all of the updating ?
Shoot like Voroshilov !
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

FR0STY54R wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:The forum is still up. Not very active since the "purge". Info hasn't been updated for a long time.
What was the purge ? Is the site updated by a group over at the forum or is it just one guy who does all of the updating ?
They went to a really strict member deal. As far as I know Ted owned it and ran the site. Could be a little "harsh" on the forum but I met him at a gunshow in Dallas and he was a pretty nice guy.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
A J

Post by A J »

I joined that forum a few years back but stopped posting pretty quickly. It felt as though I were walking on eggshells - so many rules. It was just no fun. That forum is so selective about who can join and what you can say, that eventually it will be a forum of one guy talking to himself. I don't care how nice the guy is in person. That's why I'm here. Lucky you! :)
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Different forum, different focus, Ted is more about the furthering of knowledge and the collecting side of the Mosin Nagant rifle.
I have been a member there since its inception in 2008 and have had a great experience over there.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Guys if you have a problem with Ted, or how he runs his board you need to take it up with him. His house, his rules, so far as I know he is still alive, and should have an email listed on his board.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I agree it is his house his rules. Wasn't trying to bash him or anything. I still bounce in and out a little.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No problem if you want to bash him, I don't know the man, I am sure there's plenty who don't like me either ( and they can go f*** themselves :) ) just keep it to PM's.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:No problem if you want to bash him, I don't know the man, I am sure there's plenty who don't like me either ( and they can go f*** themselves :) ) just keep it to PM's.
I'd never say anything bad about ya, I don't like waking up dead. :D
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I was a member over there, but got banned because I swapped a barrel on a junk T53 from Omega and mentioned doing so on ANOTHER forum...
Varangian

Post by Varangian »

I was wondering the same thing about updates on this site awhile ago... I always though their Rarity Index (or whatever its called) was off on a few models like T53s for example.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Varangian wrote:I was wondering the same thing about updates on this site awhile ago... I always though their Rarity Index (or whatever its called) was off on a few models like T53s for example.

It was a good guide at the time. He did a lot of work to get all that info. Times change and sometimes you can't always keep up with everything all the time.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Ted is a very nice guy. I have bought a lot of his rifle racks and I highly recommend them (free plug!)

His is an "advanced forums. Only dealing in Collectable as defined by them.

Our forum is very close except in addition to collecting, we allow shooting threads, reloading, other military collectable firearms. we also include refurbs and beginners here. Ted formed that forum to "get away" from another forums. Ity best if you ask Ted why, but it is his forum and it was intended to be more of a "club of friends" type of atmosphere. He like us has no "Sponsors" dictating what can be talked about. It's also a no profit board (like ours here).

I'm a member over there also, but it is always difficult for me to post on another forum as there are always assholes that try to change the subject when I do. And it makes it hard for me to stay "within their rules" sometimes. :bwink: But I always respect the rules of the board that I am on, no matter what they are.

Ted has a good forum and his Mosin website is "untouchable". (even if it does need to be updated every so often. It is huge and would be a big job to keep updated. Remember, he makes nothing for having it up on the internet. :thumbsup:

Dolk
gurn

Post by gurn »

We can talk about bacon and :spam2: here! :thumbsup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Ted is a workaholic and seems to focus on single things at one time and does a very good job at what he is working on at one time. I would guess he is just not working on that forum at this time and will eventually get back to it at some time. He has often said he would rather have one good post during one period of time and puff he got his wish! His information is dated right now and while I still go there I too was banned years ago over there because I did not agree with the powers to be and spoke my mind. I am sure he will get around to updating things when he feels like it and like someone said it is his play ground and if it is what he wants more power to him!

Till he updates things it will continue to be misleading at times and you should just keep that in your mind when you use it as a reference and double check if possible what he has posted over there. He created what he has and while it is great for the most part like any site not updated and kept current it has pitfalls and I guess you just keep that in mind if you care to use it for information. Maintaining something like that or this is undoubtedly and endless and thankless job so we should all maybe thing twice before we criticize them. No egg shell walking over here Thank God or I would long be gone! :lol: Bill
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

The forum over there is quite slow these days, but I still enjoy it quite a bit. Just play by the rules of the forum you are posting on, and there all no problems. Bill, I still don't understand why you were banned? (Not being sarcastic in the slightest??)
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I quit that forum before the purge, so I can officially say that I was not kicked out. Things were just a little too stiff over there for me, and I am more comfortable here as a casual collector. I still go there every once in a while and look. I appreciate their collecting and preservation efforts, and it is good to see some of our members over there.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I was never over there, But I respect & appreciate their approach & contributions. It takes all kinds of venues to put forth the Mosin Nagant to the world. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
gurn

Post by gurn »

We could put together our own value list and keep it up to date.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!