An AK-74 - New to me.

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mrmark99

An AK-74 - New to me.

Post by mrmark99 »

I picked me up a AK-74 recently. Early made Bulgarian parts kit that was commercially built with a matching USA built receiver. This is my first AK-74 that I have ever had. I have always wanted one, but this one was exactly what I was looking for. I have own a dozen or so AK-47 (Pre ban, and Post ban) over the years. I also collect the AK47 magazines. I have 35+ different country variations (Metal and Bakelite versions). I displayed them at the Leavenworth KCMCC military display show in March. Recently I just picked up an Egyptian Military "Oval spot weld" Metal AK47 mag, and a Hungarian "man in the moon" marked one, that is always also assumed to be Egyptian, but it is not.

A couple of the Chinese pre-ban under-folders that I own along with some of the AK-47 magazine variations.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: An AK-74 - New to me.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Re: An AK-74 - New to me.

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Nice guns.Is that a chrome magazine between the two AKs?. I don't think I 've seen a chrome 30 round magazine before. :vcool: Thanks for sharing pictures.JGC