Russian Import Ban

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
paul6892
ban
ban

Russian Import Ban

Post by paul6892 »

What have you all heard about a "Russian Import Ban"

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center ... 40716.aspx
1. M39 Finn, 7.62x54mm 1944 Sako
2. M38, 7.62x54mm 1943 Izhevsk
3. M44, 7.62x54 mm 1945 Izhevsk
4. SKS, Russian, 7.62x39mm 1951 Tula
5. SKS Chinese #26, 7.62x39mm
6. SKS Chinese #316, 7.62x39mm
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Russian Import Ban

Post by bunkysdad »

There is already a thread started on this topic. I think in the SKS section?
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

bunkysdad wrote:There is already a thread started on this topic. I think in the SKS section?
Copy That

Thanks

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I don't see it. Can someone give a link?

I received an email from RTI about the ban, and they are insinuating that certain Mosins will be unavailable for sale because of this import ban. 91/30 Sniper.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Molot.. and, also, if future imports of Mosins are banned because they come from the areas in Ukraine that are covered in the sanctions. Anyone?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think that there has been a colossal clusterfuck over there today of horrendous proportions that will only make everything far worse, hundreds dead, civilian commercial airliner that was not Ukrainian or Russian in a million pieces for all the world to see. This is an act of degenerates, no matter who they are, and now they have killed outsiders who had no possible involvement in their squabble. There will be repercussions from this and cutting off firearms imports will be the least of them.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I think that there has been a colossal clusterfuck over there today of horrendous proportions that will only make everything far worse, hundreds dead, civilian commercial airliner that was not Ukrainian or Russian in a million pieces for all the world to see. This is an act of degenerates, no matter who they are, and now they have killed outsiders who had no possible involvement in their squabble. There will be repercussions from this and cutting off firearms imports will be the least of them.
NATO is fueling up the jets and strapping bombs.....
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

pgaplayerless wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I think that there has been a colossal clusterfuck over there today of horrendous proportions that will only make everything far worse, hundreds dead, civilian commercial airliner that was not Ukrainian or Russian in a million pieces for all the world to see. This is an act of degenerates, no matter who they are, and now they have killed outsiders who had no possible involvement in their squabble. There will be repercussions from this and cutting off firearms imports will be the least of them.
NATO is fueling up the jets and strapping bombs.....

Yea and we are just a few days away from the 100th Anniversary of the start of WWI on 28 July, Omen :?:

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Concur.

But the response of the West will be economic, not military-- unless you count the usual, ineffectual, saber-rattling.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

The Marxist Muslim Mole, doesn't have the "Testicular Fortitude" to respond to anything, he's a Community Organizer at best, and how good was he at that?

Chicago politics at its best. Just ask the Rev. Jesse Jackson who is a master of corporate shake downs.
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

Joeinthehills wrote:The Marxist Muslim Mole, doesn't have the "Testicular Fortitude" to respond to anything, he's a Community Organizer at best, and how good was he at that?

Chicago politics at its best. Just ask the Rev. Jesse Jackson who is a master of corporate shake downs.

Right on Brother :!:

Like Farm Out Man :chuckles:

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Someone will be spending a lot of time at the golf course I bet! :lol: Now my serious face... :angry4:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Joeinthehills wrote:The Marxist Muslim Mole, doesn't have the "Testicular Fortitude" to respond to anything, he's a Community Organizer at best, and how good was he at that?

We can only hope he is this inept. I suspect he is capable of so much more. :attn:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Watch the politics. This is a firearms board. ;mywink;

Dolk
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Well, here it is, the day after the atrocity (no other accurate term for it save "crime" or "massacre" or something similar), and in the words of George MacDonald Fraser, what we have (predictably) is the "clutching of brows, shaking of fists, and all of the other usual preliminaries to inaction."

I'm not going to slang any specific politician. The veriest hell with the lot of 'em say I. And not to be cold, but there are political implications that affect the price and availability of milsurp imports whenever something like this happens.

I don't buy auto or semi-auto rifles, so the ban will have no direct effect on me, but I recognize back-door gun control when I see it. "Never waste a crisis." :very mad:

What this will do to prices? Who knows. The price of M91/30 refurbs is already all over the map. I never thought that I would see the day when I could buy the same rifle on GB more cheaply including shipping as compared to Cabela's $200 mark-up. Maybe I'll motor over there this weekend to see if they've pushed it even higher.

And availability? Again, who knows? The local Gander Mountain had already stopped carrying M91/30s before this, but then their interest in that commodity always struck me as half-hearted at best. I would think that anyone with a Russian weapon of any sort would think twice about selling it now, or (as JYD said) they'll think that they can sell a `42-`43 Izhevsk priced at a Fool's Pinnacle. :2cents:
K-9

Post by K-9 »

I suppose we shall see... Too much conflicting information out there.

I am not personally worried about the flow of Mosins from Russia, but I had hoped the low-cost super-cool Mosins would be available in 20 years for a new generation of enthusiasts.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It's fine to talk about the politics of a "gun ban" such as this. It is not OK to slander anyone over politics. Either side.

Stick to the politics of gun control.

Dolk
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Yup. I am only concerned, on this board, about the availability of 7.62x54R ammunition for all of us and availability of these super cool Mosins for future generations.

I have Mosins. If I can't get anymore, I will be fine.

For the people of these affected areas, I pray for peace and prosperity.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

paul6892 wrote:

Right on Brother :!:

Like Farm Out Man :chuckles:

He's real good at drawing red lines though. Oh wait that's not what he meant. Sorry now back to our scheduled programming. :facepalm2:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I Guess that plan on getting a .223 caliber Siaga just went down the crapper... :angry4:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Rongo wrote:I Guess that plan on getting a .223 caliber Siaga just went down the crapper... :angry4:
There was a bunch of places that put these up for sale over the last few days and they sold out fast. One place had 50 of them and sold them in hours. It's also spilling over into other Russian production "products". One vendor put a statement up saying they're looking for replacement product due to the high demand for Russian items and asked to bear with them.