1900 Izhevsk

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TulaTom

1900 Izhevsk

Post by TulaTom »

I picked this one up locally a few months ago. The bore looks like you typically see with these, but it groups Czech light ball as well as my 91/30's. I need to adjust the front sight over a tad to get the windage correct though.
Finn matched bolt knob. The one is a little tough to see in the photo, but it's there.
You don't see many Finnish M91 length cleaning rods.
Notice the interesting HH stamp that mates the barrel and receiver.
Thanks for looking. :vcool:
BubbaDX

Re: 1900 Izhevsk

Post by BubbaDX »

I love these M91's. Very clear markings on this one. Very cool! :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

Cool rifle, these guns are awesome pieces of history
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice M 91, Great pictures also :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
gbeecher65

Post by gbeecher65 »

I'm always amazed at the older Mosins, just like the Energizer bunny, they keep 'shooting and shooting and shooting'.. :wink:
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

Great looking M91. I love all those stamps on the bottom of the barrel and receiver. :vcool:
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Nice find, I can see why you bought it, its a very nice looking rifle.
Kollaa kestää
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Very nice Tom. Also, it is a Finnish captured rifle. Look next too the HH initials and you will see the SA enclosed stamp.
Icing on the cake!!!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Also Finn war time fore end splice, Finn swivels, Finn rear sight markings, and Finn M39 type cleaning rod.

Best of all to me are the beautiful Arsenal marks.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

neal45 wrote:Also Finn war time fore end splice, Finn swivels, Finn rear sight markings, and Finn M39 type cleaning rod.

Best of all to me are the beautiful Arsenal marks.
I thought some of those items and marking were Finns. But I don't know all that much about these rifles. I also suspect the HH is by the Finnish inspector after they fixed it up. Similar to a Swede rifle.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

sweet :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

Looks pretty good for 114 years old - clean, clear markings and blueing. I like it!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

"I also suspect the HH is by the Finnish inspector after they fixed it up. Similar to a Swede rifle."
I'm not really sure, Steve. Possible. I had it back out on the range today and it did well. I wish the Finnish wood screws were still intact though. That front band slips a little, which causes the handguard to move forward a bit. One of the prongs on the front of the handguard is a little bent, which also causes a poor fit with the front band. Still a nice shooter.
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Anyone know why the cocking piece has that shape? Thats a new one for me.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

polymerase2 wrote:Anyone know why the cocking piece has that shape? Thats a new one for me.
Early style knob. Was over size, the bottom was cut to fit. Someone else will chime in with better explanation.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

That's on me. I took those photo's after I pulled that one out of the safe. There was a thread on this topic the other day, but I store my Mosins with the bolt open and I usually decock the bolt. Just habit more than anything. I don't think it saves the spring that much. Just a preference thing.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Steve The Pirate wrote:
polymerase2 wrote:Anyone know why the cocking piece has that shape? Thats a new one for me.
Early style knob. Was over size, the bottom was cut to fit. Someone else will chime in with better explanation.
Steve is correct. That was the standard knob for the earlier Mosins. But I don't know when it was changed to the later model knob.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very nice Tom and great stampings. All around great M-91. Congrats!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: