1935 Tula MO triple date (Update! Altered rifle "Faked)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
fintowin

1935 Tula MO triple date (Update! Altered rifle "Faked)

Post by fintowin »

IMG_9713.JPG
Picked this one up a couple of weeks ago. I have seen a few double dated wartime round receiver rifles, but the hex, Tula, and triple date all on one rifle put me over the fence on this one. Bore is perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
redeuce

Re: 1935 Tula MO triple date

Post by redeuce »

Molot shipped in a bunch of MO's a while back.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Nice one! :thumbsup: I've got a 40/48/52 MO Izhevsk Triple Date with gorgeous wood. Out of all the Mosins I own, this one has its own "vibe" or feel to it. I have no idea what it is about that rifle but I swear it's trying to talk and what it has to say isn't good. Another interesting thing about it is that I would swear it's got a much thicker wrist area on the stock than my other 91/30's. One of these days I'm going to measure it and see. Yours kind of looks like its also got a bit thicker wrist area than normal. Do you think it does?
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I just went and tried to feel or see any difference between the MO posted here and my '42, and I don't feel any difference at all.

Just wondering, what is prompting the bad vibes you are getting from that rifle? You think possibly these were used for even more evil purposes than the usual Soviet stuff?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Titanium Hammer

fintowin wrote:I just went and tried to feel or see any difference between the MO posted here and my '42, and I don't feel any difference at all.

Just wondering, what is prompting the bad vibes you are getting from that rifle? You think possibly these were used for even more evil purposes than the usual Soviet stuff?
I really don't have any idea what the MO's were used for but I've got a decent collection of 91/30's including Finn captures which I'm sure at some point in their life saw battle. None of them really stand out as far as looks, feel, or "vibe" but the MO just has an aura to it of some sort. I don't believe in ghosts, curses, etc but this rifle really seems to have a negative vibe to it. :shock: I don't know how else to explain it but I'm positive that if you blindfolded me and gave me 10 91/30's to hold I would be able to pick this one out of the group.
Titanium Hammer

Here are a couple of pics of her. Another interesting thing about her is that she's got Cyrillic initials of some sort in the finger grooves on both sides. It's odd that these weren't sanded out during the refurb process and must have happened after Uncle Joe passed away as I imagine there would have been serious punishment doled out to anyone who defaced property of the State.
The colors are off in this last one but it gives you a bit better shot of the wrist area:
Anyway, I didn't want to hijack your original thread but I wanted to see if you felt like the rifle had a different "feel" to it and if the wrist area seemed larger than on any of your other Mosins. It seems like MO Triple Dates are becoming a bit more available but you still don't run across them everyday. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Titanium Hammer

You're up late tonight JYD!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very nice and super cool stock on that one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Intresting update on this rifle, OP sold it on GB and the buyer has now humped it with fake [SA] stamps.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... kery-found
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The SA stamps being sold on ebay have no box around them. I hope the buyer outs this asshat to Gunbroker as a fraud.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Miller Tyme wrote:Intresting update on this rifle, OP sold it on GB and the buyer has now humped it with fake [SA] stamps.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... kery-found

I saw your posts on there. Who was the buyer?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
jwc179

Post by jwc179 »

I bought it from the guy that it was sold to in NC. Im the OP over on the GB forum post. It looks like this rifle left fintown as a regular triple date MO. And at some point between arriving in NC and going up for sale, it hatched several SA stamps. I dont think fintown was the perpetrator, I think it was the guy that bought it from him.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I have been absent from the forum for a while. I just caught wind of some fraud thanks to a PM last night from another member. I think the GB buyer/fraud stamper of my old '35 MO is sweating a little. He just emailed me this morning wanting to know "more history on the rifle, and the two sa stamps". I told him it was never sa marked, and if it is now, it was done fraudulently. A quick look at the GB auction pics will show I did not do this (nor would I ever). I dont know what else to say about it other than I am glad this guy has been found out.
-George Washington
martin08

Post by martin08 »

fintowin wrote:I have been absent from the forum for a while. I just caught wind of some fraud thanks to a PM last night from another member. I think the GB buyer/fraud stamper of my old '35 MO is sweating a little. He just emailed me this morning wanting to know "more history on the rifle, and the two sa stamps". I told him it was never sa marked, and if it is now, it was done fraudulently. A quick look at the GB auction pics will show I did not do this (nor would I ever). I dont know what else to say about it other than I am glad this guy has been found out.

The seller has returned my email, too. There are holes in his explanation of events and the timeline. Any chance that you could give us the date that this rifle would have arrived in his shop, fintowin? Thanks
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I smell the smelly smell of a scumbag at work, this is not the first SA stamped rifle that has come to my attention that is likely a fake.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I'm about to the point that I'm afraid to buy a MilSurp without adult supervision. :lol: Best lessons learned are when we get boned I guess, and I have paid the price of tuition twice in the past. :oops: :facepalm1:
A person can't do too much research before pulling the trigger .... so to speak. I have asked questions here online and PMs and am so thankful that guys are so willing to share information. So thanks again guys !
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

very nice!! I believe it is my triple date MO that is thinner in the stock than my other 91/30s. It may even be both MOs. Now I'll have to look when I get home.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

martin08 wrote:
fintowin wrote:I have been absent from the forum for a while. I just caught wind of some fraud thanks to a PM last night from another member. I think the GB buyer/fraud stamper of my old '35 MO is sweating a little. He just emailed me this morning wanting to know "more history on the rifle, and the two sa stamps". I told him it was never sa marked, and if it is now, it was done fraudulently. A quick look at the GB auction pics will show I did not do this (nor would I ever). I dont know what else to say about it other than I am glad this guy has been found out.

The seller has returned my email, too. There are holes in his explanation of events and the timeline. Any chance that you could give us the date that this rifle would have arrived in his shop, fintowin? Thanks
The rifle was shipped on 3-16. Delivered on 3-20.
-George Washington
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Stupid part is, the SA would have been put on during WWII. The MO would have been put on after the war.

"If it is real"It would have to be a ......Finn captured Russian rifle (during WWII),...... then Russians re-captured it back (WWII)..... and then refurbished and MO marked by the Russians.

Captured, Re-Captured, Triple dated MO marked. :roll: Long shot?....D