10th annual Frozen Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bimmey

10th annual Frozen Mosin

Post by bimmey »

Just got back from northern Maine attending the Frozen Mosin shoot. A good group of hearty souls including two members of this forum braved the cold and snow to compete with their Mosins. The three position relay was shot at 100 yards, 12" gong was at 200 yards, and the rapid fire was at 25 ft. Got to see johnnyboys 68 and 69 M39's. Very nice indeed.

In spite of there being a couple of scoped bubba's and a PU Sniper, my 61 year old eyes and my 1944 M39 took first place in the relay! Made the 6 hour ride each way worth it. Here are some images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
Lee-online

Re: 10th annual Frozen Mosin

Post by Lee-online »

Outstanding! Beating the bubbas sure put them in their place.
Kollaa kestää
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I wasn't on the other coast! Congrats on winning the relay and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

It was a fantastic time, and even though I had to leave early for work, I'm glad I made it. Way to go bimmey! Glad you beat out that scoped m44 and the pu snipers. Just goes to show how good these Finns are. They won another winter "war"
I blame the fact I didn't win was because I switched ammo after my 200 yard gong shoot, and used factory ammo that shoot high. And there was a strong wind. And snow was in my face. And it was cold. And..... excuses excuses. :)
It was a fun time. And again, congratulations bimmey!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

What a great time! Congratulations! Old "duffers" still rule!!!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sounds like fun. The obvious choice for such a event- the M39.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Awesome. Good shooting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Johnnyboy, you sound like me when I make a bad golf shot :lol:
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

Thanks guys. I know what you mean about switching ammo johnnyboy. I switched in between the 2 targets in the speed shoot. I was using Tula for the relay and first target of the speed shoot, then went to surplus out of the spam can. Scored well on the first target, second one was all over the place. There was a shooter that ran 5 rounds in 15 seconds. My time was 29 and 23 seconds. Need some practice for that event!

Couple more pics including the borcht lunch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

This is literally the "coolest" thing I have seen in the past week. You guys up there are Maineiacs! (meant in a very favorable way...) :thumbsup:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Can I "borrow" your pictures and send them to my Gun Club? I would like to hold one of these shoots next January in Rhode Island at the Tiverton Rood & Gun Club. Looks like you guys had a great time. Congratulations.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

TopperT,

By all means feel free to use the pictures. Also the facebook page for pleasant river fish and conservation has lots of good photo's of the event.
Just be sure to let me know if your club hosts a Mosin event:-)