1909 Peru mauser

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jbob

1909 Peru mauser

Post by Jbob »

Picked this one up a while back. It's been rebarreled in 30.06 and I love it. I'd like to find a bayonet if anyone could point out the right one for me.
Thanks !
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 1909 Peru mauser

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

By the look of it any German GEW98, or K98k bayonet would fit on it, the Peruvian bayonet would look similar, and have the Peru crest on it. I don't know who would have one, set a search on gunbroker and eBay, could take awhile to find one.. Nice rifle. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Wow that is nice. Even has the lange roller coaster sight. Love it :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

I have to agree with the above, the roller coaster sight and the Peruvian crest are way up there on the cool factor. Very nice mauser overall :thumbsup: congrats
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

:Drool1: :thumbsup: Nice find.

This is the correct bayonet https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... oduct=2185
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This is a German GEW98, but made for Peru, and made to take a standard leather strap sling.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Greasemonkey wrote::Drool1: :thumbsup: Nice find.

This is the correct bayonet https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... oduct=2185
What a wicked looking bayonet. 20.5" blade, holy crap.

And this is a very nice looking Mauser. I love the crest. :thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That would be good for roasting wienies. :)
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Love the crest
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Another rifle I don't know anything about. But it sure looks sweet. Love the markings.
:bravo: :bravo:
Cat
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

catcracker wrote:Another rifle I don't know anything about. But it sure looks sweet. Love the markings.
:bravo: :bravo:
Cat
You know what the K98k German Mauser of WW2 is right? The K98 is a shorter version of the GEW1898 Mauser the Germans used during WW1. The Peru 1909 Mauser is just that same GEW1898 but with Peruvian markings. The Mauser company had to stay busy and as the GEW98 rifle was not considered a state secret they were allowed to shop it to other nations and many in Southg America took them up on it. Argentina, Brazil, Peru, just to name some that used the 1898 rifle except chambered for 7mm, or 7.65mm. This Peruvian rifle was made on the same line in the same factory in Germany that made the German armys own rifles.
Theodore Roosevelt
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Thanks for the info. I am very weak in the area of Mausers. Some of that is kind of on purpose. I don't need another model to start collecting. It would break the bank for sure.
Cat