military canvas sock for mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
global650

military canvas sock for mosin

Post by global650 »

hey I saw some guys on here that had canvas and leather socks for mosin they were old military looked similar to the slings liberty tree seems to be out of them any idea where to locate

thanks a lot looking for a cool sock for mosins but older etc surplus

scott
martin08

Re: military canvas sock for mosin

Post by martin08 »

Did you get that all into one sentence? You did! Good job!

:D

Seriously, kind of tough to read without any punctuation. But I think I can decipher it. Would you be able to post a link to a picture, so we know what you are looking for?

A few years ago, there were some canvas bags with (fake) SA stamps on them, and being sold as Mosin Nagant sniper accessories. Closer inspection proved them to fit the Swede M41 sniper much better than the Mosin.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I'm glad you got that deciphered Martin. I'm still trying to figure out the question. :vconfused: Imagine if periods cost money. :?
global650

Post by global650 »

hello to all

I am seeking a place to purchase a soft sock type case for full length mosin.

I had seen some fine gentlemen on this site speaking about canvas "sock type" cases that were bought at liberty tree the web site.

they are currently out of stock, so was seeking info, perhaps on where to locate this item or similar in nature.

trying to attach a picture but it looks very similar to the slings with a leather strap

thanks
global650

Post by global650 »

Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Hmmm...that's an interesting one Global. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing for Finn or Russian rifles. I've only been collecting for a few years though and I'm sure some of the old salts here will be able to help you out. I did a quick Google search and came up with this Ebay listing from a couple of years ago but I have no idea if it is authentic and correct for the Mosin or not. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOSIN-NAGANT-RI ... 0687902352
ksb63

Post by ksb63 »

Titanium Hammer wrote:I'm glad you got that deciphered Martin. I'm still trying to figure out the question. :vconfused: Imagine if periods cost money. :?
I thought they did. Usually gold and chocolates :-)
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I do believe those are Swedish. Not sure any are still available.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

You found my photo. I don't use that any more. What to buy it? I also have one that will fit a carbine. Let me know.
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Glad we are being protected by the grammar police.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

martin08 wrote:I do believe those are Swedish. Not sure any are still available.
Far as I know there never were socks like that made for a Mosin. Other socks like that surface from time to time but they were made for other rifles. There are AK canvas bags around from time to time and they will fit most Mosin Carbines I have found. Problem with most of the canvas is over the years they lose their water resistance and they can actually hold moisture and cause rust if they get wet and really are in bad shape to begin with. Bill :o
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I think somebody could make something like that pretty easy out of canvas or denim even. That would make taking multiple guns to the range so much easier!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I have used commercially available for about $5 padded socks with tie strings on them for years to take rifles to the range, shows, and just about anything else they get transported to for years. They, other than hard cases which go for about $15 are the safest and most practical way to legally transport rifle and pistols. They are not meant for long term storage because some designs can hold moisture and we don't want that. I don't need to look like a military organization while I move my rifles around and really feel that will draw less ire from the anti-gun set. Bill :wink:
kwillindy

Post by kwillindy »

ksb63 wrote:
Titanium Hammer wrote:I'm glad you got that deciphered Martin. I'm still trying to figure out the question. :vconfused: Imagine if periods cost money. :?
I thought they did. Usually gold and chocolates :-)
ksb63, I am rolling! Today of all days! Thanks for the laugh. :lol: :chuckles:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I remember these. Maybe a year ago or a little longer Liberty Tree was selling them for 25.00. I wish I had bought a couple, but they were not particular to any gun model, more "universal". They look nice for transporting carbines, but not for closet storage.