How much would you pay for a M44?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
OldRussian

How much would you pay for a M44?

Post by OldRussian »

How much would you guys pay for a M44 in Canada?

My local gun store got in a batch at $350 each. They are all Izvesk refurbs and none of them are of particularly rare years. I feel like that price is very steep. One of the other local stores said they didn't purchase any from the supplier because of the price and don't foresee ordering any of them in the near future. Some sites have them posted up at $400 each.

Should I pick one up or wait in hopes of a better deal in the future? I know the prices are going up, but this seems a bit ridiculous. Thoughts?
Sonny

Re: How much would you pay for a M44?

Post by Sonny »

P&D in Edmonton right?
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I bought a m38 at milarm for$275 and I don't think we sill find a m44 for less than $350.
thughes

Post by thughes »

Trade ya my M44 for one of them $250 svt-40'S. ;mywink;

Here in the States I picked mine up from Classic for $230 (but SVT-s are close to $750+)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We usually don't/can't keep p with Canadian firearms prices. There are just to many differences. US prices on SKS's differ in price depending on the years. Here $300.00 might be the right price. Some of your Canadian brothers should be here son to help.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

thughes wrote:Trade ya my M44 for one of them $250 svt-40'S. ;mywink;

Here in the States I picked mine up from Classic for $230 (but SVT-s are close to $750+)
I was thinking the same.
Last Russian M44 was $225 and Hungarian M44 was $200.
Kollaa kestää
OldRussian

Post by OldRussian »

P&D has the M44s, I got an M38 from milarm for 275.
Mike

Post by Mike »

My last M44 was $220 for one that was cleaned and proven accurate, bought from a member here.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
OldRussian

Post by OldRussian »

The gun markets and rules between Canada and US are like parallel universes. We get short shotguns and cheap semi-auto commie guns, you guys get hi-capacity mags and cheap mosins... not to mention the no-strings-attached handguns and AR's!
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

I got mine from Classic for 230.. it's a 1945 Molot "Hunting Rifle".. It looks like a new rifle.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Assuming that you wait for a future better deal, how much lower would it need to be to be worth the wait? Now then, do you realistically see them being available for that price? If not likely you might want to plan on getting one.
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

Is there a reason Molots are less expensive than the non-Molots? Other than the whole "we don't really know what Molot is exactly" thing..
akuser47

Post by akuser47 »

I want one so bad, maybe someday maybe. I love the fireball the folding bayonet. Whats not to like. J&G has two options Im only interested in one I can inspect before I buy.

akuser47's mobile device.
ImageLive free, or die fighting, for the right, to do so!
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I sure hope m44's don't become $350 guns. Seems way out of line. But then again, when you think about where the prices were 5 years ago there is only one direction they will go in the future. Up. :2cents:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

fintowin wrote:I sure hope m44's don't become $350 guns. Seems way out of line. But then again, when you think about where the prices were 5 years ago there is only one direction they will go in the future. Up. :2cents:
Dealers sure do though. that's why certain dealers who have great amounts of them are holding on to them. That is the way the Mil-surp market works they hold them and then unload them at premium prices and we buy them regardless of price. Refurbed Milsurps can be a volatile market at times and you can get burned. Example in point the SKS market. Not many years ago I could get Yugo SKS's for $59 wholesale I perish to think what they are going for now! The old buy low and sell high has made many people in that market a bundle of money no doubt. Bill :D
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Well OldRussian you may be in luck.

There's a gun show on Saturday Feb1st at the old hanger on Kingsway.There's also other shows planned.*see picture*

Also I don't know if you are on facebook or not but there is a Alberta guns buy,sell,trade.swap page there that you may like.

Here's the link....https://www.facebook.com/groups/333827940034355/

I'd love to go to the show on Saturday but I have to head up to Fort Mac that weekend but if you go let us know how you made out ok?

I'll keep searching for more gun shows and I'll post them here if I find some.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I traded a $200 pistol for mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

That's a good deal millman.. :wink:

You guys must shake your heads when we talk about $350 m44's..lol
And we shake our heads when we see you guys paying $400 for a SKS..lol..when we can get them for $200 or less.. :D
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Here's some more shows in our area.I heard that the Drayton Valley (april 5&6) show is always a good one,to bad I'm working then.. :vsad:

http://www.calgarygunshow.com/shows.html
OldRussian

Post by OldRussian »

Sonny wrote:Here's some more shows in our area.I heard that the Drayton Valley (april 5&6) show is always a good one,to bad I'm working then.. :vsad:

http://www.calgarygunshow.com/shows.html
Thanks Sonny! Looks like I have my Saturday planned now :D