Lee equipment haters can suck it!

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Lee equipment haters can suck it!

Post by websterz »

I loaded 390 rounds of .40 S&W today in 42 minutes flat. That was at a leisurely pace with several quality checks along the way. I could have hit 500 in an hour but I ran out of brass. :thumbsup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Lee equipment haters can suck it!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Who hates Lee equipment? I have used Lee items of one sort or another for over 30 years with no problems. Good value for the buck, and easy to use.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Oh they're out there. One guy in particular on a reloading forum I frequent calls my press a Lee Toadmaster and said anyone claiming to have a good one is a liar. He has a Dillon and thinks it is the do all end all. He showed his stupidity by claiming that having to load the brass feed tubes one case at a time was ridiculous. I pointed out that the case collator can fill all four in under a minute...never got a response. When I asked him about loading primer tubes one at a time on his Dillon he got all pissy. I'll put my Loadmaster up against his 550 ANY day of the week. :devil2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

websterz wrote:Oh they're out there. One guy in particular on a reloading forum I frequent calls my press a Lee Toadmaster and said anyone claiming to have a good one is a liar. He has a Dillon and thinks it is the do all end all. He showed his stupidity by claiming that having to load the brass feed tubes one case at a time was ridiculous. I pointed out that the case collator can fill all four in under a minute...never got a response. When I asked him about loading primer tubes one at a time on his Dillon he got all pissy. I'll put my Loadmaster up against his 550 ANY day of the week. :devil2:
He is just trying to justify the cost of that blue equipment. I load on a single stage Rockchucker with Lee dies with no complaint. Slow, but good to go.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

I load all my hand gun ammo on a Lee 3 station turret press and I love the thing. Rifles I do on my RCBS single station. To He-- with anyone that bad mouths Lee equipment.
Burrhead
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Why are these guys in such a hurry? Why do they run their mouths so much? Single stage, progressive, or hand held press. They are all good. I love my Lee equipment. And I ain't even lying.
akuser47

Post by akuser47 »

I started loading 5 years ago with lee challenger breach lock single stage i load match grade .308,9mm,.38special .357mag, .45acp all lee deluxe die sets. All on my single stage i use an old uhaus 1010 scale now known as rcbs1010.
Ive loaded thousands of all these I listed no problems though someday Id like to speed up powder measureing
akuser47's mobile device.
ImageLive free, or die fighting, for the right, to do so!
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

I starting loading with the original Lee Loader. I must have 10 of them in various calibers. Yes, one is in 7.62X54R.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Very cool. The Lee Loader is a excellent tool. It only neck sizes so your brass lasts longer. It is slower but not terribly slow, and it teaches you to really appreciate the whole process of hand loading.
340six

Post by 340six »

I use a RCBS RC press and single stage everything have for years and years.
I do like the Lee dies and have bought some over the years {also have Lyman and RCBS}
The lee customer service sucks though!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have a mix of all the big name brands and some of the stuff hasn't been made in years. Most of my rifle ammunition is made on either an ancient RCBS single stage (Now sold as a RockChucker) or a Lyman Turret. I have a Star for .38's and two Dillons 550s. One was a gift and the other was basically a give away at a price that was too good to ignore. I leave one set up for small primers and the other for large.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

skizzums

Post by skizzums »

i have 10k plus rounds on my cheap 100$ lee annivesary SS, i love it, but i do feel i need to upgrade to the lee 1000, cant wait